Robert B. Fleming
Top rated Estate Planning & Probate attorney in Tucson, ArizonaFleming & Curti, PLC
Practice Areas: Estate Planning & Probate, Elder Law; view more
Licensed in Arizona since: 1976
Robert B. Fleming is a partner at and the co-founder of Fleming & Curti, PLC, in Tucson, Arizona. His practice primarily focuses on estate planning, elder law, special needs planning, and trust and estate administration, probate, guardianship and conservatorship.
A compassionate attorney who genuinely cares for his clients, he aggressively fights for their rights and liberties. He understands the sensitive nature and the importance of elder law and special needs planning and he zealously works toward their goals and needs.
Mr. Fleming is a certified elder law attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation and is a certified specialist in trust and estate law by the State Bar of Arizona Board of Legal Specialization. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in political science and chemistry from the Utah State University.
Mr. Fleming earned his J.D. from the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law. He attended the University of Wyoming summer program of 1968 in physics and mathematics. He currently is an adjunct professor in the Stetson University College of Law, where he teaches retirement planning for the college’s LL.M. program, and has taught there for the past 10 years. He also teaches the trusts and estates class part time at the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law.
Actively affiliated with the legal community, Mr. Fleming is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the Elder Law Alliance and the Special Needs Alliance. He is a fellow at The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel. He was the past president of the National Elder Law Foundation and a former public fiduciary for the Pima County Public Fiduciary.
For his outstanding work in the legal field, Mr. Fleming has an AV Preeminent* Peer Review Rating from Martindale Hubbell and a “Superb” rating from Avvo. Having written extensively, Mr. Fleming has also authored a book titled “Elder Law Answer Book.” In addition to his law practice, he enjoys practicing Chayon-Ryu, a martial arts style, with his entire family. He also enjoys scuba diving and antiques.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEstate Planning & Probate, Elder Law
Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills
- 80% Estate Planning & Probate
- 20% Elder Law
First Admitted: 1976, Arizona
Professional Webpage: https://elder-law.com/staff_members/robert-b-fleming/
- Rasmussen v. Fleming
- Member, Special Needs Alliance
- Chair of the City of Tucson City
- Arizona State Hospital
- Member, Elder Law Alliance
- Specialist in Estate and Trust Law by the State Bar of Arizona‘s Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Fellow, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Author, The Elder Law Answer Book
- Chair, Estate and Trust Commission, Board of Legal Specialization, State Bar of Arizona
- President, Pima County Bar Association, 1986
- Member, Pima County Bar Association
- Chair, State Bar of Arizona, Mental Health and Elder Law Section, 1999
- Chair, State Bar of Arizona, Probate and Trust Section, 1992
- President, State Bar of Arizona, Young Lawyers Section, 1978
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Our White Paper subjects include Advance Directives, Estate Planning, Guardianship/Conservatorship, Long-term Care Costs and Insurance, and Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of Vulnerable Adults, Fleming & Curti, PLC White Papers, 2007
- Special Needs Planning
- Trust Administration
Office location for Robert B. Fleming
1745 E River Rd
Tucson, AZ 85718
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2024
Top ListsTop 50: Arizona Super Lawyers: 2007
Certificates and credentials
Estate and Trust Law