Vanessa Cash Adams
Top rated Bankruptcy attorney in Little Rock, ArkansasAR Law Partners, PLLC
Practice Areas: Bankruptcy, Civil Litigation
Licensed in Arkansas since: 2007
Education: University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law
AR Law Partners, PLLC415 N McKinley St
Little Rock, AR 72205 Phone: 501-710-6500 Email: Vanessa Cash Adams Visit website
Vanessa Cash Adams began her law career after graduating law school in 2007. Since then, she has been helping individuals and families with various legal issues, focusing solely on matters surrounding consumer and business transactions, litigation, and bankruptcy. Vanessa completed her undergraduate degree at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism where she served as contributing political and government writer to the University’s newspaper, the Arkansas Traveler. She graduated from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, William H. Bowen School of Law, where she served on the Honor Counsel and as treasurer of Phi Alpha Delta.
Vanessa currently serves on the Executive Committee of the Debtor-Creditor section of the Arkansas Bar Association. She is a member of the Arkansas Association of Women Lawyers and the Pulaski County Bar Association. She is licensed to practice in Arkansas state courts and in the Federal District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas. Vanessa lives in Little Rock with her husband and three children. In her spare time, she and her family enjoy hiking, traveling, gardening, movies, and books. They also enjoy caring for their furry, feathery, and scaly friends – a sweetheart mound of hair - their Pyrenees named Lula, two cheeky parakeets (Marla & Quill), two gregarious hens (Hermione & Gabriella), and three unconcerned reptiles (Spike, Echo, and Kermit).
Vanessa became a lawyer to help others navigate difficult legal problems. She understands the challenges people face with a sudden job loss, illness, or divorce that often throw families into financial and emotional stress. Her range of experience spans more than a decade, providing Vanessa the insight necessary to give her clients practical advice on the avenues available to them to obtain financial freedom for themselves and their families.
First Admitted: 2007, Arkansas
Professional Webpage: https://arlawpartners.com/bio-vca/
- Vanessa Cash Adams was nominated and received the CLE of the Year Award for planning and organizing the 2020-2021 Arkansas Bar Association, Debtor-Creditor Annual Conference. , CLE of the Year Award, Arkansas Bar Association
- Vanessa Cash Adams earned her B.A. in Journalism and Concentration in Marketing from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. , 2004
- Vanessa cash Adams earned her J.D. from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, William H. Bowen School of Law. , 2007
- Vanessa was nominated in Little Rock's Soiree Magazine's Feature on "Women to Watch" , 2009
- Vanessa is an active volunteer with the Little Rock School District. , 2019
- Vanessa Cash Adams is co-author and contributing editor of the Arkansas Bar Association's Debtor-Creditor Handbook - 2021. , 2021
- Vanessa Cash Adams currently serves on the Executive Committee for the Arkansas Bar Association, Debtor-Creditor Section. , 2021
- Judgment was entered in favor of the Debtors on Debtors' counsel's Motion for Judgment on Partial Findings (Directed Verdict) following the Movant's case in chief. Debtors filed a Voluntary Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Petition. The Movant filed a Motion to Dismiss Debtors' case on the grounds of bad-faith. The Court found that Movant (debtors' mortgage holder) failed to meet its burden in proving bad faith under the Bankruptcy Code. Debtors met the court's definition of "honest but unfortunate debtors" who had not sought bankruptcy relief in bad-faith, citing debtors' first time filer status, debtors promptly amending their schedules when expenses or income increased or decreased, and the trustee's testimony that debtors had proposed a confirmable plan and were committing all disposable income for the applicable commitment period. , 2020
- Vanessa Cash Adams is co-authoring of the Debtor-Creditor Handbook - 2021. She joins a team in collaborating and editing the 2021 edition for the Arkansas Bar Association. , Co-Author & Contributing Editor, Debtor-Creditor Handbook - 2021, Arkansas Bar Association, Banking, Business, Consumers, Bankruptcy, 2021
- Vanessa prepared and presented, along with a panel, a seminar on varying areas of law and how these areas of law intersect and often do when representing a client. , Presenting Speaker, The Intersection of Family, Criminal and Bankruptcy Law, Consumers, Creditors, Family Law, Criminal Law, Bankruptcy Law, 2020
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2022