William O. "Bill" James, Jr.
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Little Rock, ArkansasThe James Law Firm
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense, White Collar Crimes, DUI-DWI; view more
Licensed in Arkansas since: 1994
William O. James, Jr. is an attorney at the James Law Firm. Located in Little Rock, Arkansas, he focuses his practice on criminal defense matters at both the trial and appellate levels, representing clients throughout the area. Admitted to practice before all Arkansas state courts since 1994, Mr. James is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. James assists people who have been charged by the state or federal government with having committed misdemeanor or felony offenses. The types of cases that he has handled during his career have included driving while intoxicated, homicide, weapons violations, sex crimes, drug possession and distribution, fraud and other white collar crimes, robbery, and assault. Mr. James has been able to obtain positive results in court for many of his clients, either through acquittals, dismissals or successful appeals, while in other cases he has been able to negotiate favorable plea agreements with the prosecution. His fellow professionals have taken note of his successful track record and high degree of ethics, and they have awarded him a Distinguished* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
Majoring in finance and banking, Mr. James attended the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, and he received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in 1991. He then pursued his legal education at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1994. Mr. James has participated in several legal organizations throughout his career, with his memberships having included the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: White Collar, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law - Federal, DUI/DWI, Debt, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Failure to Pay Child Support, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Overdrawn Bank Account, Parole, Probation, Prosecution, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations, White Collar Crime
- 50% Criminal Defense
- 30% Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 20% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 1994, Arkansas
Professional Webpage: https://www.jamesfirm.com/attorneys/william-o-bill-james-jr/
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Member, Board of Directors, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2002-2005
- Secretary/Treasurer, Arkansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2000-2001
- President, Arkansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2001-2003
- Criminal Law Division, Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association, 1998-1999
- Member, Board of Directors, Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association, 1998-2000
- Chairman, New Lawyers Division, Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association, 1996-1997
- Member, Board of Governors, Arkansas, 2004
- American Bar Association
- Chairman, Criminal Law Division, Arkansas, 2004-2005
- House of Delegates, Arkansas, 1999-2001
- Chairman, Law Week, Pulaski County, 1998-2001, 2005
- Member, Board of Directors, Pulaski County, 1997-2001
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Arkansas
- Secretary/Treasurer, Pulaski County, 2001-2002
- President, Pulaski County, 2003-2004
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit
- Arkansas, 1994
- University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, B.S.B.A. in Finance and Banking, 1991
Office location for William O. "Bill" James, Jr.
1001 La Harpe Blvd
Little Rock, AR 72201
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023