Joshua L. Potter
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Texarkana, ArkansasPotter & Marks, P.L.L.C.
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense, Personal Injury
Licensed in Arkansas since: 2011
Education: University of Arkansas School of Law (Fayetteville)
Potter & Marks, P.L.L.C.117 E. Broad Street
Texarkana, AR 71854 Phone: 870-774-2569 Email: Joshua L. Potter Visit website
Joshua L. Potter is an attorney providing legal services covering Criminal Defense and Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff.
Joshua Potter, who practices law in Texarkana, Arkansas, was selected to Rising Stars for 2019 - 2022. This peer designation is awarded only to a select number of accomplished attorneys in each state. The Rising Stars selection process takes into account peer recognition, professional achievement in legal practice, and other cogent factors.
Prior to becoming an attorney, he studied at University of Arkansas School of Law (Fayetteville). He graduated in 2010. After passing the bar exam, he was admitted to legal practice in 2011.
First Admitted: 2011, Arkansas
Professional Webpage: https://thepotterfirm.com/joshua-l-potter/
- Client was charged with two counts of Rape. Client found not guilty after two-day jury trial. , 2022
- Client was charged with two counts of Rape of a minor child in Miller County, Arkansas. After a three-day jury trial, my client was acquitted on all charges. , 2022
- Client charged with publishing intimate visual material in Bowie County, Texas, a state jail felony. After a one-day jury trial, the jury acquitted my client. , 2022
- Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon - Dismissed prior to trial. , 2020
- Rape - Client was charged with seven counts of rape. After a three-day jury trial, the jury acquitted client of five out of seven charges and hung on the remaining two. Shortly after the trial, the remaining charges were dismissed. , 2019
- Rape - Client was charged with rape of a minor under 14 years of age. After a single day jury trial, the jury acquitted my client. , 2019
- Injury to the Elderly - Client was alleged to have assaulted an elderly man while at his place of employment. After a jury trial, the jury was deadlocked and the Judge declared a mistrial. The District Attorney's office later dismissed all charges against our client. , 2017
- Robbery - Client was charged with robbery in Texas. Client was offered 10 years in Texas prison. We decided to plead guilty and asked that the jury decide punishment. After a one-day punishment trial, the jury sentenced him to 10 years probation. , 2017
- Terrell Pankey and Smith County Stone, LLC v. Western Arkansas Rock, Inc. - The Potter Law Firm, LLP represented Western Arkansas Rock, Inc. in a contract dispute. After a four-day jury trial, the jury awarded our client damages in the amount of $460,231.04. , 2015
- Texarkana, Arkansas Advertising and Promotion Commission , 2022
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2022