James K. Moore
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Auburn, CA
James K. Moore is a family law and personal injury attorney in Auburn, California. The founder of the Law Office of James K. Moore, Mr. Moore serves clients in Auburn and throughout the greater Sacramento region. He handles family law matters, including divorce and personal injury actions involving automobile accidents, animal bites and other catastrophic injuries.
As a family law attorney, Mr. Moore is both experienced in the courtroom and familiar with collaborative divorce methods such as mediation, for clients who prefer a nonadversarial approach to resolving their situation. In his personal injury practice, he has negotiated valuable settlements and successfully litigated on behalf of injured California residents. He provides dedicated representation to each client, committed to obtaining the best possible result.
After graduating cum laude from Chapman University with a bachelor’s degree in political science, Mr. Moore earned his law degree from Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law. During law school, he belonged to the Honor Council and the Mock Trial Board and served as a research assistant for a professor.
While he was still a law student, Mr. Moore developed his legal experience by clerking at the Public Law Center and working as a judicial extern at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California. He spent his final year of law school clerking with the Orange County District Attorney’s Office and a Huntington Beach-based personal injury firm.
Mr. Moore is a member of the Placer County Bar Association Board of Directors and the State Bar of California. He is licensed to practice law before all California state courts, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central and Eastern Districts of California, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
- 50%Family Law
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2022
About James K. Moore
First Admitted: 2011, California
Professional Webpage: https://jamesmoorelawfirm.com/about/
- Certificate in Advocacy and Dispute Resolution, member of the Mock Trial Honor Board, a member of the Honor Council, and a research assistant to Professor Timothy Canova. Additionally, he graduated with the Trial Advocacy Excellence Award., University Fowler School of Law
Pro bono/Community Service
- Kiwanis Club of Auburn, Board of Directors
- Placer County Bar Association board of directors
- Chapman University, BA, cum laude, in Political Science, 2007
- Placer County Bar Association, Board of Directors, Member at Large, 2018
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- State Bar of California
- Placer County Bar Association, Board of Directors, Treasurer, 2021
- Placer County Bar Association, Board of Directors, Member at Large, 2020
- Placer County Bar Association, Board of Directors, Member at Large, 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022