Andrea B. Goldman
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Berkeley, CA
Attorney Andrea B. Goldman is the owner and principal of The Law Office of Andrea B. Goldman in Berkeley, California. A top-rated lawyer with more than 26 years of total legal experience, Ms. Goldman focuses her practice primarily on family law. Ms. Goldman provides counsel and support to clients throughout the Oakland and San Francisco metros and surrounding areas.
Ms. Goldman focuses her family law practice on complex dissolution matters at all asset levels, and on child custody issues. Ms. Goldman counsels clients in all aspects of family law, including pre- and post-marital agreements, custody issues, enforcement and modification of previous orders, and post judgment matters. She has represented parties regarding the community property copyrights of books and music. Ms. Goldman has developed an expertise in the issue of child support when income derives solely from a trust and/or investment income.
In addition to her litigation practice, Ms. Goldman also consults with clients involved in the mediation process, and offers mediation services. Prior to practicing family law, she practiced criminal law, at the trial and appellate levels, for ten years. During that time, she conducted numerous contested hearings and jury trials.
Ms. Goldman is a member of the following professional organizations: the California State Bar Family Law Section, the Alameda County Bar Association and the Alameda County Family Law Association. She served on the Alameda County Bar Association’s Family Law Executive Committee from 2007 to 2018 (except for 2014 and 2015), as the chair of this section for the 2012-2013 calendar year, and as the co-chair in 2018. Ms. Goldman served as Minor’s Counsel in Alameda County for two years, and currently volunteers as a Pro Tem judge. She taught Legal Writing and Research in the International LLM program at Berkeley Law School for the summer and fall semesters in 2013. She served on the Economic Development Committee for the City of Albany from 2016 to 2020. Ms. Goldman attended Swarthmore College and U.C. Hastings College of Law.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- California Board of Legal Specialization
About Andrea B. Goldman
First Admitted: 1994, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.andreagoldmanfamilylaw.com/about-andrea-goldman/a...
Pro bono/Community Service
- Economic Development Committee, City of Albany, 2016 to 2020 Volunteer, CLASP Clinic, 2019 to present Judge Pro Tem, 2019 to 2020
- Swarthmore College
- Teacher, Legal Writing and Research in the International LLM program at Berkeley Law School for the summer and fall semesters in 2013
- State Bar Certified Family Law Specialist
- Co-chair, Alameda County Bar Association’s Family Law Executive Committee, 2018
- Chair, Alameda County Bar Association’s Family Law Executive Committee, 2012-2013
- Member, Alameda County Bar Association
- Alameda County Bar Association’s Family Law Executive Committee, 2007 to 2013 and 2016 to 2018
- Member, Alameda County Family Law Association
- Member, California State Bar Family Law Section
- Alameda County Bar Association
- Alameda County Family Law Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022