Anthony J. Sperber
Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Berkeley, CaliforniaLaw Office of Anthony J. Sperber
Attorney Anthony J. Sperber represents both individuals and small businesses in matters mostly related to employment and labor law. Principal attorney of the Law Office of Anthony J. Sperber in Berkeley, California, he represents clients throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
In his employment law practice, Mr. Sperber handles cases involving discrimination, harassment claims, wrongful termination, and wage and hour issues such as unpaid overtime. He also devotes a portion of his practice on business litigation, consumer protection and defamation matters.
After earning a degree from the University of California, Berkeley, Mr. Sperber spent several years in the business world, during which time he started and ran his own business. He later graduated from the University of San Francisco School of Law.
During law school, Mr. Sperber was editor of the school’s law review and earned a number of honors and awards. Following law school, he worked for two years as an associate at a large law firm before founding his own firm.
Mr. Sperber is admitted to practice in all of the California state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Sperber participates in a variety of professional organizations. He is a member of the Alameda County Bar Association, The Bar Association of San Francisco, The State Bar of California and the American Bar Association, particularly in the employment law and litigation sections of each of these organizations. Mr. Sperber also belongs to the California Employment Lawyers Association and the Consumer Attorneys of California.
Practice areasEmployment & Labor: Employee, Business Litigation, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
Employment Law - Employee, Sexual Harassment, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower
- 80% Employment & Labor: Employee
- 10% Business Litigation
- 10% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1998, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.sperberlaw.com/attorney-profile/
- Law Review, Editor, University of San Francisco School of Law
- Super Lawyer of the Year, Super Lawyers Magazine in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015
- McAuliffe Honor Society, University of San Francisco School of Law
- Top 10%, University of San Francisco School of Law
- Moot Court Award, Best Oral Argument, University of San Francisco School of Law, 1996
- American Jurisprudence Award in Contracts, University of San Francisco School of Law / Bancroft-Whitney, 1997
- Public Interest Law Certificate, University of San Francisco School of Law, Public Interest Law Program, 1998
- Faculty Award for Law Review Article of the Year, University of San Francisco School of Law, 1998
- Active member of the Litigation and Employment Law Section of the American Bar Association
- Active member of the Litigation and Employment Law Section of the Bar Association of San Francisco
- Active member of the Litigation and Employment Law Section of Alameda County Bar Association
- Active member of the Litigation and Employment Law Section of State Bar of California
- American Bar Association
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Alameda County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court Eastern District of California
- United States District Court Northern District of California
- California State Courts
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley
- See www.avvo.com
- This law review article surveyed the law around the country, and California in particular, and argued that employers should be liable for inaccurate job references, but only in very limited circumstances., Author, When Nondisclosure Becomes Misrepresentation: Shaping Employer Liability for Incomplete Job References , University of San Francisco Law Review 1998 , 1998
- Article discussed the issues facing employers in the field of defamation law., Co-Author, An Employer’s Road Map Through Slander Law, California Labor & Employment Law Quarterly, 1999
- Article discussed the developments in California employment law regarding tip pooling in restaurants., Co-Author, Recent Developments in California Law on Mandatory Tip-Pooling, Bender's California Labor & Employment Bulletin, 2010
- California Employment Lawyers Association
Office location for Anthony J. Sperber
1808 6th Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023