Top rated Immigration attorney in Berkeley, CaliforniaStouffer Law
Attorney Christine M. Stouffer is the founder and owner of Stouffer Law in Berkeley, California. Board certified as a specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law from The State Bar of California's Board of Legal Specialization, Ms. Stouffer focuses her practice exclusively on immigration law, and she provides invaluable and highly effective counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Oakland metro and surrounding areas as well as all across the globe who seek a better life in the United States.
Having focused on immigration law for the majority of her legal career, Ms. Stouffer has achieved considerable success assisting foreign nationals from around the world with their immigration-related needs. As both the daughter and wife of immigrants, she has a unique insight into the common struggles and challenges that face so many trying to assimilate into America, which only bolsters her ability to provide the highest level of representation possible to her clients.
Fluent in French and able to speak Spanish and Arabic, Ms. Stouffer can communicate directly with a broad range of clients in their native languages, and she finds great reward in being able to help so many realize their dreams and goals of living, working and studying legally in America. She routinely handles matters before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services as well as before various immigration courts throughout the country.
A 1998 graduate of the University of Washington with a degree in Middle Eastern Studies, Mr. Stouffer obtained her Juris Doctor from Golden Gate University School of Law in 2005. While there, she received the Award for Achievement in Public Interest Law, and she has continued to earn top rankings and endorsements from her peers throughout her legal career.
Ms. Stouffer is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit. She also regularly volunteers her time and services with the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Pro Bono Asylum Program, the Centro Legal de la Raza Oakland’s Low Fee Evening Immigration Clinic and the La Raza Centro Legal San Francisco’s Free Evening Immigration Clinic.
Ms. Stouffer is also an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and the National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild, where she has served as co-chair for the organization's Immigration Committee. She has also served as pro bono co-coordinator for the American Immigration Lawyers Association's Northern California Chapter and EOIR co-liaison to the San Francisco Immigration Court for the American Immigration Lawyers Association's Northern California Chapter.
Practice areasImmigration: Consumer
Asylum, Naturalization & Citizenship
- 100% Immigration: Consumer
First Admitted: 2005, California
Professional Webpage: https://stoufferlaw.com/about-firm/
- Admitted to Practice in the Ninth Circuit United States Court of Appeals
- Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law with the California State Bar
- University of Washington, B.A., Middle Eastern Studies, 1998
- Mentor Attorney, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Pro Bono Asylum Program, 2006- Present
- Panelist, Mentor, Mentee and Interpreter Panel, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Fall 2012 Asylum Seminar for Pro Bono Advocates, 2012
- Panelist, Emerging Human Rights Conditions in the Middle East and Their Impact on Asylum, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Lunchtime Continuing Legal Education Workshop, 2013
- Panelist, Introduction to Removal Defense, Immigrant Legal Resource Center Continuing Legal Education Program, 2015 and 2017
- Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Star for Immigration, 2012 - 2014
- Outstanding Achievement in Public Interest Law, Golden Gate University, 2005
- Rising Star Award, Minority Bar Coalition Award nominated by the Bay Area Association of Muslim Lawyers, San Francisco Minority Bar Association, 2009
- Member of the National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild, 2016 - Present
- Member of American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- EOIR Co-Liaison, San Francisco Immigration Court for the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Northern California Chapter, 2014 - 2016
- California State Bar
- Pro-Bono Co-Coordinator for the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Northern California Chapter, 2013 - 2014
- Co-Chair, National Lawyers Guild Immigration Committee, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter, 2008 - 2011
- Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Asylum Pro Bono Project Mentor Attorney
- Volunteer Attorney, Centro Legal de la Raza Oakland’s Low Fee Evening Immigration Clinic, 2010 - Present
- Volunteer Attorney, La Raza Centro Legal San Francisco’s Free Evening Immigration Clinic, 2003, 2005 - 2010
Office location for Christine Stouffer
2000 Hearst Ave
Berkeley, CA 94709
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2015
Certificates and credentials
Immigration and Nationality Law