Richard L. Beckman
Top rated Real Estate attorney in Berkeley, CaliforniaBeckman, Feller & Chang P.C.
Practice Areas: Real Estate, General Litigation; view more
Licensed in California since: 1990
Languages Spoken: Chinese-Cantonese, English
Richard L. Beckman, an accomplished real estate attorney and partner at the prestigious law firm of Beckman Feller & Chang P.C., is based in Berkeley, California. With a legal career spanning over 33 years, he provides skilled guidance on a diverse range of issues, including unlawful detainer actions, commercial and residential leases, declaratory relief litigation, wrongful eviction litigation, premises liability analysis and general real estate litigation. His extensive experience and knowledge make him a valuable asset to any real estate matter.
A proud native of Indiana, Mr. Beckman earned his bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of California, Berkeley, in 1984. He then ventured to Tokyo, Japan, for a year to immerse himself in the language and culture of the country. In 1987, he pursued his legal education at the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, where he became a member and note editor of the Hastings International and Comparative Law Review.
Mr. Beckman boasts an extensive career marked by numerous bench and jury trials across the Bay Area. His familiarity with local courts and judges is noteworthy. Though focusing on real estate litigation, he is adept at devising pretrial resolutions for complex cases at his firm. He represents clients in a wide array of real estate-related disputes, ranging from the partition of co-ownership interests to agency and broker liability, purchase contract disputes, and trust deed and foreclosure issues.
First admitted to practice in the state courts of California, Mr. Beckman is also authorized to appear before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit. He holds memberships in the American Bar Association, the Japan Society, the Asia Society, The Bar Association of San Francisco and The State Bar of California – Litigation and Real Estate Section.
As a distinguished speaker, Mr. Beckman provides continuing legal education and industry seminars with updates in the areas of real estate and landlord tenant issues. His training and experience in mediation has led him to serve as a private mediator. Additionally, he has served as a judge pro tem for the San Francisco and Marin County Superior Courts. He is also a proficient writer who contributes a monthly article to the esteemed American Apartment Owners Association magazine.
Mr. Beckman's professionalism and commitment to excellent client services have earned him accolades from various forums. He has also received numerous five-star reviews and endorsements.
Practice areasReal Estate: Business, Real Estate: Consumer, General Litigation
- 70% Real Estate: Business
- 20% Real Estate: Consumer
- 10% General Litigation
First Admitted: 1990, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.bfc-legal.com/attorney/richard-beckman/
- Trust for Public Land
- BASF-ULSP, 1991 - 1993
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Volunteer Legal Services Program
- Commercial and Residential Evictions in California: How to Do Them Right, Sterling Education Services
- Residential Landlord Tenant Law in California, Sterling Education Services
- Real Estate Purchase and Sale Transactions, Sterling Education Services
- Everything You Wanted to Know about Commercial and Residential Evictions, Sterling Education Services
- Real Estate Litigation in California San Francisco, California, National Business Institute
- Wrongful Evictions and Insurance Issues, Lorman Education
- Handling Legal Issues in California Landlord/Tenant Relations San Francisco, California, National Business Institute
- Richard Beckman graduated from UC Berkeley with a BA in Political Science, 1984
- California, 1990
- San Francisco Superior Court, Judge Pro Tem
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- California State Bar, Member of the Litigation and Real Estate Sections
- Asia Society
- Japan Society, Member, 1988
- American Bar Association, Member, 1990
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1990
- Richard Beckman has practiced real estate-related litigation since 1990, with an emphasis on Landlord-Tenant matters. Having acted during that time as plaintiff and defense counsel in bench and jury trial cases in most Bay Area trial courts, and arguing the occasional appeal in the First District Court of Appeals, Mr. Beckman currently focuses primarily on providing consultation guidance to clients related to the challenges of managing landlord-tenant relations in rent and eviction controlled jurisdictions. Beckman Feller & Chang, P.C., however, continues to provide quality litigation services for the Firm's various clients.
- Commercial Tenants and Investors
- Property Owners
Office location for Richard L. Beckman
2298 Durant Ave
Berkeley, CA 94704
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2024