Daniel A. Reisman
Top rated employment litigation attorney in Beverly Hills, CaliforniaReisman & Reisman
Practice Areas: Employment litigation, Civil rights; view more
Licensed in California since: 2007
An attorney at Reisman & Reisman, Daniel A. Reisman handles cases of employment law and represents clients in the Los Angeles metropolitan area, Orange County, San Bernardino County, the San Diego metropolitan area and Riverside. Mr. Reisman fights for the rights of workers who have been treated unfairly, and his experience includes cases of employment discrimination, whistleblowers, disability discrimination in housing, wrongful termination and sexual harassment.
For over a decade, Mr. Reisman has been admitted to practice in California and is passionate about advocating for the rights of the everyday employee. Before he found his calling defending the best interests of employees, he handled defense work at an international law firm. He is now committed to helping employees protect their rights when they need it the most.
Before his law career, Mr. Reisman attended the University of Pennsylvania where he graduated magna cum laude. He then attended the University of Southern California Gould School of Law where he earned his Juris Doctor. During his time in law school, he was a senior editor on the school’s law review. Since then he has spent his time dedicating to the workers of Southern California.
Most of Mr. Reisman’s cases relate to some form of disability discrimination, whether in the workplace or in their housing. One of his most successful cases included $4.5 million in punitive damages and $750,000 in noneconomic damages for a total of a $5.25 million verdict. Employers and landlords who mistreat or discriminate against their employees or tenants find a formidable foe and passionate advocate in Mr. Reisman.
Practice areasEmployment litigation: plaintiff, Civil rights
Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Race discrimination, Disability, Discrimination
First Admitted: 2007, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.reismanandreisman.com/firm-overview/daniel-reism...
- Senior editor, USC Law Review
- University of Pennsylvania, with honors (phi beta kappa, magna cum laude), 2006
- Attorney Reisman is devoted to fighting for employees whose rights have been violated, whether due to sexual harassment, illegal discrimination, or retaliation. He most frequently takes on wrongfully terminated clients., 2007
- Barnes v. Comerica (LASC Case No. BC682326) Received an arbitration award in the total amount of approximately $600,000 in a disability discrimination case for an employee who lost her job because she had breast cancer. , 2019
- Chris Curry v. Academy Pointe, Inc. $5.25 million verdict $750,000 in noneconomic damages $4.5 million in punitive damages Link to Verdict Summary, 2017
- Hernandez v. Torbati Hotels, Inc., San Diego Superior Court. $100,000 verdict in a sexual harassment case for a hotel worker who was sexually harassed on one occasion by the owner of a small hotel in La Jolla. Attorneys' fees of approximately $600,000 were added to the award by a post-trial motion. , 2016
- Federici v. Ameriprise (LASC Case No.: BC502718): Jury awarded $335,000 in an insurance bad faith case. The award was fully upheld on appeal. , 2014
Office location for Daniel A. Reisman
8200 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
- Super Lawyers: 2023
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2020
Top listsUp-and-Coming 100: Southern California Rising Stars: 2020
Find me online
- Check out our presentation on employment discrimination! Ensure your rights are protected #discrimination https://t.co/3xDH9Y1OTQ
- Having trouble with your right to pregnancy disability leave (PDL)? Learn more about your rights and legal options! http://t.co/OOzxCqDJyO
- Learn more about our firm and what we can do for you by visiting our website! http://t.co/NPx48QuUR9