Top rated personal injury attorney in Beverly Hills, CaliforniaChakmakis Law
Practice Areas: Personal injury; view more
Licensed in California since: 1992
Education: Southwestern Law School
Languages Spoken: English, Persian (Farsi), Spanish
Chakmakis Law301 North Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210 Visit website
As founder and managing attorney at Chakmakis & Associates, George Chakmakis represents the rights of people in Los Angeles, Palmdale, Lancaster, throughout Southern California, and across the state. He focuses his practice on handling personal injury cases, including those that involve motor vehicle, motorcycle and bicycle accidents, and wrongful death.
After receiving a Bachelor of Arts in political science in 1989, from the University of California, Los Angeles, Mr. Chakmakis went on to earn a Juris Doctor from Southwestern Law School in 1992.
People who are battling an injury or who have suffered the loss of a loved one need an attorney who can represent their best interests. For more than two decades, Mr. Chakmakis has been helping clients secure compensation for the damages they have suffered. From pretrial depositions to negotiations and on through trial, if necessary, he remains a constant source of support for victims of negligence.
Among his successes, Mr. Chakmakis obtained an award of over $2.5 million for a client in a premises liability and assault case, he secured a $1 million settlement on behalf of a client who had been involved in a trucking accident, a court award of $1 million for a car crash case, and he achieved a $212,052 jury verdict in a product liability case involving a defective wheelchair. For his accomplishments, he holds an Avvo “Superb” rating, and the American Institute of Legal Counsel’ Personal Injury Division honored him with its “10 Best” Client Satisfaction award.
A guest lecturer and published author, Mr. Chakmakis serves as an active member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, The State Bar of California and the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles. He also serves as a panel attorney for the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association.
Outside of his practice, Mr. Chakmakis is an avid cyclist and an instrument rated pilot.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff
Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1992, California
Professional Webpage: https://chakmakislaw.com/profile/
- Member, Consumer Attorneys' Association of Los Angeles
- California State Bar, 1992
- Panel Attorney, National Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA), 2015
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Member, 2015
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 1989
- Volunteer at Bet Tzedek Legal Services, 1991
- Judge Pro Tem, Los Angeles Superior and Municipal Courts, 1998
- Private Pilot Certificate, Instrument Rated, 2003
- Admitted to the United States Federal District Court for the Southern District of California, 2008
- Certified for Temporary Judge Program by the Los Angeles Municipal Court, 1998
- Admitted to the United States Federal District Court for the Central District of California, 1992
- Certified Law Clerk, District Attorney's Office, Los Angeles, 1991
- Speaker/Presenter on Jones Act litigation at the CAALA convention in Las Vegas, Nevada., Consumer Attorneys Association Of Los Angeles, 2012
- Presentation at CAALA's Annual Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada regarding injuries at sea. The speech and Q&A covered Jones Act and other Federal and State laws regarding seaman that suffer many catastrophic injuries while in the service of a vessel. Presenter George Chakmakis presented the history of Jones Act cases, defined Jones Act cases, described various fact patterns, and provided relevant case law and code sections that apply to Jones Act claims. Mr. Chakmakis also provided practice pointers relevant to litigation matters in general. , Injuries at Sea - Jones Act Cases, Personal Injury Maritime Law, 2012
- Superb Avvo Rating, AVVO, 2013
- Southern California Super Lawyer – Personal Injury, Los Angeles Magazine
- President, Southwestern Law School, Southwestern Law School, 1991
- Client Satisfaction Award, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2016
- Lead Counsel, Lead Counsel Review Board, 2013
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), 2015
- $265,000.00 jury verdict for slip and fall in parking garage causing shoulder injury., 2018
- $5 million settlement for plaintiffs in Federal Court. Karpetyan v. ABM Industries, 2017
- $2,547,350.60 award obtained for plaintiff in Orange County Superior Court for premises liability/assault case, August 14, 2015. Beverly P v. Glenn, et al., 2015
- $1,043,800.50 judgment for client in Fresno Superior Court for an automobile crash case, September 8, 2016. James Hill v. Herrera, et al., 2016
- $500,000.00 policy limit settlement for injury to eye - premises liability., 2014
- $370,000.00 Settlement - Auto v. Auto collision, $59,000 past medicals, no surgery; aggravation of pre-existing psychological and physical damages. , 2014
- $1,000,000 settlement for wrongful death when truck hit pedestrians changing a tire on the side of freeway. Vazquez v. Hansen Transport, 2006
- Confidential settlement of airplane crash involving a Cirrus airplane totally destroyed by a forced landing in rugged terrain after running out of fuel. Confidential v. Cal Air Aviation, 2014
- $450,000 settlement for truck versus truck intersection red light, green light dispute. Plaintiff claimed wrist injury with $46,000.00 in medical bills. Muga v. Cardinal Freight, 2004
- $40,045 jury trial verdict in Orange County against the City of Anaheim for automobile injury causing 2 non-displaced hairline rib fractures. Meds less than $10,000.00. November 2012 Ghuneim v. City of Anaheim., 2012
- $1,000,000 wrongful death settlement from restaurant for family of intoxicated man (.22% BAC) that ran across freeway at night. Padilla v. Pancho Villas Restaurant, 2007
- $212,052 jury trial verdict for wheelchair product liability case involving possible torn rotator cuff, no surgery. Newman v. Amigo Mobility, 1995
- $276,033 jury trial verdict in Victorville for passenger with no seat belt in single vehicle roll-over incident causing leg injury. Benson v. Inyokern Methodist Church
- Specific Performance trial verdict in commercial real estate dispute. Lee v. Chong
- $30,000 jury trial verdict in auto v auto rear end case, neck and back sprain/strain, $8,850 in chiropractor bills. Defense argued injuries were pre-existing because plaintiff had consistently visited same chiropractor for similar injuries for 18 years. Dwyer v. Kuecker
- Defense verdict after trial for defendant client in commercial real estate dispute, plus recovery of attorney fees as prevailing party. Andreas v. Hy Hunter
- Defense verdict for defendant client in construction contract dispute. New World Home Decor v. Biddles
- Attorney for USA Basketball, including the men's and women's United States Olympic teams, in multiple cases. , 2018
- Aircraft Owners And Pilots Association Panel Attorney
- American Board Of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Consumer Attorneys Association Of Los Angeles Speaker And Member
Office location for George Chakmakis
301 North Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023
Additional sources of information about George Chakmakis
Find me online
- George Chakmakis was selected as a 2023 Super Lawyer for Personal Injury and Wrongful Death law. His 10th year in a row selected.
- George Chakmakis was selected as a 2021 Super Lawyer for Personal Injury and Wrongful Death law. His 8th year in a row selected.
- George Chakmakis was selected as a 2020 Super Lawyer for Personal Injury and Wrongful Death law. His 7th year in a row selected.