Top rated Family Law attorney in Beverly Hills, CaliforniaMcAlarnen & Sun, APC
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in California since: 2008
The founding partner at McAlarnen & Sun, APC, in Beverly Hills, California, Julie McAlarnen serves clients throughout Beverly Hills and Los Angeles, California, and has been practicing law for over 14 years. Focusing her practice solely on family law issues, she takes on cases including child custody, divorce, crisis management, property division, domestic violence and so on.
Ms. McAlarnen is a compassionate yet aggressive attorney when it comes to fighting for the rights of her clients. She is a zealous, tenacious and dedicated litigator with an unwavering commitment to her clients’ needs. Providing personal attention and being responsive from the beginning of the case until the end, she keeps her clients informed throughout the whole legal process.
With a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from The Catholic University of America, Ms. McAlarnen has a Juris Doctor from The Catholic University of America’s Columbus School of Law. She is admitted to practice in the states of California, New Jersey and New York.
Board-certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization as a family law specialist, Ms. McAlarnen has a special interest in child custody cases, which she believes needs extra care because there is no specific rulebook for these cases, but rather it depends on the lawyer’s ability to convince the judge of a child’s best interests.
Prior to founding McAlarnen & Sun, APC, Ms. McAlarnen was an associate attorney at the largest family law firm in the U.S., after which she served as a partner at a renowned law firm, where she gained invaluable experience taking on high-conflict custody cases and cases involving businesses that are worth more than $500 million.
Ms. McAlarnen has been actively affiliated with the legal field and has memberships in The State Bar of California’s Family Law Section, Beverly Hills Bar Association’s Family Law Section, the New York State Bar Association, the New Jersey State Bar Association and the LGBTQ+ Lawyers Association of Los Angeles.
Practice areasFamily Law
Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2008, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.mcalarnenandsun.com/about
- 2020 Southern California Super Lawyer “Rising Star”
- 2014 - 2017 Southern California Super Lawyers “Rising Star”
- 2018 Southern California Super Lawyers “Rising Star” – Up & Coming Top 50 Women
- Certified Family Law Legal Specialist, 2016
- 39th Annual Child Custody Colloquium - Speaker: Complex Custody Cases: Alternative Approaches, 2017
- Member, Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Lawyers Association
- Member, The State Bar of New Jersey
- Member, The State Bar of New York
- Member, The State Bar of California, Family Law Section
- 2012 Admission to New York State Bar
- 2011 Admission to New Jersey State Bar
- 2008 Admission to California State Bar
- Los Angeles County Bar - Minor's Counsel Training: "Evidence Matters: How to Prove Your Case as Minor's Counsel", 2021
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Committee Member: Elimination of Bias
- Los Angeles County Bar Association - Member
- Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Family Law Inn of Court, Featured Panelist - "State of the Law after Proposition 8"
Office location for Julie McAlarnen
8383 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
- Super Lawyers: 2023 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2018, 2020 - 2021
Top ListsUp-and-Coming 50: Women Southern California Rising Stars: 2018
Certificates and credentials