Marilyn H. Nelson
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Beverly Hills, CA
Marilyn H. Nelson is an accomplished attorney with more than 25 years of experience helping clients in the Los Angeles and Beverly Hills, California, areas with cases related to personal injury. Since co-founding the law firm Zukor and Nelson in 1988, Ms. Nelson has handled matters involving car accidents, property damage, premises liability, wrongful death and more. In one wrongful death case, she helped a grieving family recover more than $5.5 million after a young woman was killed and her friend injured in a car accident.
Ms. Nelson obtained her law degree from Southwestern Law School, after earning an undergraduate degree in psychology from the University of California, Los Angeles. She is currently admitted to practice in California state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
In addition to her law practice, Ms. Nelson participates in a number of professional and community organizations. She has served as a hearings officer for the Los Angeles Police Department's Board of Rights and for the San Bernardino County Employees' Retirement Association. In previous years, she was a member of the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles and held various roles in the organization, including chair of its committee on domestic violence.
Always willing to give back to her community, Ms. Nelson has volunteered for a number of charitable organizations, including the Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law.
Throughout her career, Ms. Nelson has received a number of awards and honors, including a "Difference Makers" award from the American Bar Association.
About Marilyn H. Nelson
First Admitted: 1988
Professional Webpage: https://www.zukorandnelson.com/Attorneys/Marilyn-H-Nelson.sh...
Pro bono/Community Service
- Chair WLALA Domestic Violence Committee, 1998 - 2004
- FEMA Volunteer, Earthquake, January 1994
- Harriet Buhai Center Volunteer, 1989 - 1991
- San Bernardino County Employees' Retirement Association, Hearing Officer, 2008 - Present
- Women Lawyers of Los Angeles, 1996 - 2004
- Los Angeles Police Department, Board of Rights Hearing Officer, 2007 - Present
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1988
- Women Lawyers of Los Angeles, Chair WLALA Conf. of Delegates Committee for State Bar Convention, 1997 - 1998
- State Bar of California
- California, 1988
- Women Lawyers of Los Angeles, Co-chair WLALA Conf. of Delegates Committee for State Bar Convention, 1996 - 1997
- University of California, Los Angeles, California, B.A., Major: Psychology, 1985
- American Jurisprudence Award, Forensic Evidence, 1988
- American Bar Association, Difference Makers Award, 2005
- American Jurisprudence Award, Property I, 1985
- Named to "The Top Women Attorneys in Southern California", Los Angeles Magazine, October 2012
Last Updated: 6/26/2019