Scott J. Harris
Top Rated Administrative Law Attorney in Beverly Hills, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012 - 2018
Scott J. Harris focuses his law practice in Southern California but can offer his services to clients all over the state. Mr. Harris has an extensive and impressive background that is the distinct advantage to his clients in cases that pertain to administrative law, license protection for all classification of medical professionals, business law and litigation, and real estate license protection. He is the former deputy attorney general with the California Department of Justice, where he worked with the California Department of Consumer Affairs and the People of the State of California. Mr. Harris has experience prosecuting cases relating license application, license reinstatement, administrative appeals and professional license discipline.
Mr. Harris is known for building strong relationships with his clients and other attorneys; he now uses this ability, as well as his extensive legal experience, to benefit each of his California clients who seek legal assistance with business pursuits. He is a graduate of John Hopkins University and obtained his law degree from the Loyola Law School in Los Angeles.
Known for his experience and relatable perspective among his past and present clients, Mr. Harris is known among his legal peers for his active membership in the California Society for Healthcare Attorneys and The American Association of Nurse Attorneys, and he is a committee member of the Paralegal Advisory Committee of the Los Angeles City College. Scott Harris is also an adjunct professor of administrative law at Loyola University. California medical and real estate professionals all over the state find that Scott Harris offers distinct and exceptional representation for these particular fields.
Mr. Harris handles all professional license matters, including:
Doctor License Defense
Nurse License Defense
Dentist License Defense
Chriopractor License Defense
Pharmacy and Pharmacist License Defense
Mental Health Professionals - Marriage and Family Therpaist (MFT), Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW)- Defense
Physical Therapist License Defense
Real Estate License Defense
insurance License Defense
Contractors State License Board Defense
Engineer, Land Surveyor License Defense
Family Day Care Licesne Defense
Department of Social Services Defense
About Scott J. Harris
First Admitted: 2005, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.sjharrislaw.com/about/
- Adjunct Professor of Administrative Law, Loyola Law School Adjunct Professor - Moot Court (2012-Present) Coach, Loyola Law School Environmental Moot Court Team (2009-2017) Adjunct Professor - Moot Court Coach, Loyola Law School Williams Institute LGBTQ Moot Court Team (2017-2018)
- Committee Member, Paralegal Advisory Committee of the Los Angeles City College
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Former Member (Appointee) of the California Osteopathic Medical Board.
- Member, California Academy of Attorneys for Health Care Professionals
- Member, The American Association of Nurse Attorneys
- Chairman, Southern Regional Board Member, Anti-Defamation League; National Association Commission, ADL. (2018-Present) Vice Chairman, Southern Regional Board Member, Anti-Defamation League; National Association Commission, ADL. (2016-2018)
- Former Co-Chairman, Glass Leadership Institute, ADL, Southern California Region
- Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Johns Hopkins University of Baltimore, Maryland, B.A.
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Former, Department of Justice Deputy Attorney General Liaison to the California Board of Accountancy Former, Department of Justice Deputy Attorney General Liaison to the Court Reporters Board of California , 2007
- Member, Osteopathic Medical Board of California, 2010
- Pasadena Magazine recognized Scott J. Harris, Esq. as a Top Attorney, Top Attorney, Pasadena Magazine, 2018
- Doctors facing licensing revocation and seeking licensed from Medical Board of California Nurses facing licensing discipline and denial of license application. Large and small construction companies before the Contractors State License Board Teachers with credenital issues before Commission on Teacher Credentialing Insurance Brokers and Agents, and Real Estate Agents and Brokers with issues before Licensing Entities Schools and DayCares before Department of Social Services Tour Companies before Public Utilities Commission. All types of entities and individuals licensed by the State of California to conduct business and professions. , 2012
- Clients of Mr. Harris range the gamut of professionals, including: Healthcare Related: Doctors, Pharmacists, Nurses, Therapists, Physical Therapists, Dentists and Chiropractors. Non HealthCare Related: Real Estate Agents and Brokers, Insurance Agents and Brokers, Engineers, Land Surveyors, Accountants and Contractors, as well as Day Care Providers.
- Healthcare License Defense
- Insurance Agent And Broker Defense
- Professional License Defense
- Real Estate License Defense
Last Updated: 6/23/2022