Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Burbank, CA
As a partner with Scott Wagner & Associates, P.A., in Burbank, California, attorney Lindsey Wagner devotes her practice exclusively to labor and employment law, and she represents employees who have experienced any violations of their rights as workers in the workplace, including discrimination, harassment, employer retaliation, wage and hour disputes, and other serious grievances.
In addition, she also advises clients with regards to their employment contracts and agreements, including nondisclosure and noncompete agreements, severance packages, and other matters. She also counsels employers on their employment handbooks, policies and guidelines to ensure they remain in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Licensed to practice in both Florida and California, Ms. Wagner has extensive litigation and arbitration experience, and she has advocated for hundreds of employees at administrative hearings before various state and federal regulatory agencies.
A 2007 graduate of Miami University, she earned her graduate certification in health and hospital law from Seton Hall University School of Law in 2010. That same year, she obtained her Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law. She is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida, the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th and 11th circuits.
Regarded as a leader in her field, Ms. Wagner holds high peer review ratings from Martindale-Hubbell, and she has received numerous awards and honors for her professionalism and service. Active in her legal community, she is a member of the National Employment Lawyers Association, where she has served as treasurer and secretary of the Florida Chapter. She also serves on a number of committees for various state, local and national bar associations, including vice chair of membership outreach for The Florida Bar Labor and Employment Section.
- 40%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 40%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10%Civil Rights
- 10%Employment & Labor: Employer
Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Labor Law, Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Americans with Disabilities Act, Race Discrimination, Disability, Discrimination
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2022
About Lindsey Wagner
First Admitted: 2010, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.employmentrightscalifornia.com/meet-the-team/lin...
- Miami University, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and Journalism
- Chairperson, Labor and Employment CLE Committee, Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Chair, Labor and Employment Continuing Legal Education Section, Palm Beach County Bar Association, 2014
- Florida Bar Labor and Employment Executive Council Section Membership Outreach Co-Chair and Long Range Planning Committee Solicit and publish toolkits from members regarding how-to guides for employment law issues Conduct outreach to Florida Bar members to join section Participate in executive board/long range planning committee meetings to strategize and plan for hte future growth of the Section, 2014
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Committee Member, Labor and Employment CLE Committee, Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Member, National organization
- Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Division Labor and Employment Section, American Bar Association Organized and Moderated 2014 Teleconference: Workplace Bullying with Dr. Namie of Workplace Bullying Institute Organized and Moderated 2015 Teleconference: Enforceability of Arbitration Contracts in Employment Cases with Cathy Ventrell-Monsees of the EEOC and Richard Griffin of NRLB, 2013
- Treasurer, Executive Board, Florida Chapter, National Employment Lawyers Association
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Vice Chair, Membership Outreach, Labor and Employment Section, Florida Bar Association
- Vice Chair, Young Lawyer’s Division, Labor and Employment Committee, American Bar Association
- Secretary, Executive Board, Florida Chapter, National Employment Lawyers Association , 2013
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- At Scott Wagner and Associates, we represent employees in the areas of civil rights law and employment and labor law. Claims include unpaid wages, overtime violations, discrimination, retaliation, whistleblower, non-compete agreements, severance negotiations, Family and Medical Leave Act violations, EEOC administrative matters, and NLRB administrative matters. We also represent employers. For employers, our firm provides a number of services, including representation in litigation, counsel for employment law questions, and assistance in the creation and updates of employee policies, handbooks and contracts. We also provide sexual harassment training and FLSA and OSHA compliance audits.
- Scott Wagner and Associates attorneys answer questions about civil rights and employment law. , Attorneys at Scott Wagner and Associates Answer Employment Law Questions
Pro bono/Community Service
- Scott Wagner and Associates works regularly with the Palm Beach County Wage and Hour Task Force as well as El Sol for servicing disadvantaged and/or low income clients with employment law needs.
- Health and Hospital Law Certificate, Seton Hall University School of Law, 2010
- An examination of the state of laws and protections against workplace bullying through application of OSHA and the NLRB. Presented by Dr. Namie of the Workplace Bullying Institute and Professor Stone of FIU Law, Moderator, Workplace Bullying: An Examination Under the NLRB and OSHA, ABA YLD Labor and Employment Section, 2014
- Evaluation of laws governing internal workplace investigations under the National Labor Relations Act through recent case decisions, Speaker, Internal Investigations Under the National Labor Relations Act, Palm Beach County Bar Association Labor and Employment Section
- Strategies and tips for taking depositions of corporate representatives in employment law cases under Fed. R. Civ. P. 30(b)(6), Speaker, Taking Fed. R. Civ. P. 30(b)(6) Depositions, National Employment Lawyers Association (Florida Chapter)
- Wonderful time at the The Florida Bar Labor and Employment Advanced Topics Seminar in Washington DC - and as an add… https://t.co/NgYhq3VcpT
- . https://t.co/usi3teJW2K https://t.co/2jaXOh4MVv
- Thank you, Breda! #thankful #clientreview #scottwagnerandassociates https://t.co/2yOTbp8y1e
- Today we celebrate Attorney Lindsey Wagner! She has been an important part of the team for 10 years now! 👏👏 https://t.co/K6QWYMs1bt
- Are you are a public employee who has been terminated or disciplined ? If so, you’re likely seeking answers to some… https://t.co/7tCH9nGqyl
Last Updated: 5/15/2022