Bruce N. Furukawa
Top Rated Construction Litigation Attorney in Burlingame, CA
Bruce N. Furukawa is a founding partner of Furukawa Castles LLP. Based in Burlingame, California, he provides a variety of services to individual and company clients throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. As a member of the firm's Design Professionals Defense and Counseling Group, Mr. Furukawa represents architects, engineers and other real estate professionals in cases involving allegations of malpractice. He has also provided advice and counsel to developers of commercial and residential real estate projects such as high-rise office buildings and waste water treatment plants. An experienced litigator, Mr. Furukawa has tried several cases involving construction defects, land use and cost overruns.
A leading proponent of law firm technology, Mr. Furukawa has extensive experience in electronic discovery, and he has managed review teams in class action lawsuits involving mortgage, banking and securities fraud. He is frequently asked to deliver presentations on e-discovery to groups of fellow professionals, and he has articles published on the subject.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Furukawa attended Columbia University in New York City, where he majored in political science and government and received a Bachelor of Arts in 1987. He then relocated to California and enrolled at Santa Clara University School of Law, and he was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1991. After graduating from law school, Mr. Furukawa joined a prestigious Bay Area general practice law firm, where he gained significant transactional and litigation experience. He co-founded Furukawa Castles LLP in September 2017. In order to stay abreast of current developments in his practice areas, Mr. Furukawa is an active participant in The State Bar of California and other professional groups.
- 70%Construction Litigation: Business
- 20%Professional Liability: Defense
Construction Defects, Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Contracts, Business Organizations
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
About Bruce N. Furukawa
First Admitted: 1991, California
Professional Webpage: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/c9c0ef_3c2ecbb980074f1db40e66...
- Grisham v. Shea Homes, Granite Construction Obtained a defense verdict for Granite Construction in a single family home case at the Silver Creek residential development.
- Member, California Bar, 1991
- Columbia University, B.A., 1987
- In support of a recent case, we [Severson & Werson] received a quarter of a million documents, in a production from multiple parties, to sort through on a limited budget. To make matters worse, the case was complex, and we didn't have enough time to thoroughly review every single document — a problem attorneys face more and more in the age of electronic discovery. This paper discusses Approaches to solving this problem., Author, Get Efficient Results Through Efficient Review, EMC - Connection, Technology, 2011
- Bruce Furukawa to present on California’s new electronic discovery act on December 10 and 11, 2009 at the Westin St. Francis in San Francisco, CA.Bruce Furukawa will present on California’s new electronic discovery act on December 10 and 11, 2009 at the Westin St. Francis in San Francisco, CA. As part of the Association of Defense Council’s 50th annual meeting, Bruce Furukawa will give an overview of California’s new e-discovery act alongside others including keynote speaker Willie Brown Jr. , Speaker, California’s new electronic discovery act, Association Of Defense Council's 50th Annual Meeting, 2009
- Bruce N. Furukawa will present at the CNA Invited Attorney's Conference in Tucson, AZ on Efficient Processing and Review of Electronic Data for Architects and Engineers., Speaker, Efficient Processing and Review of ESI, CNA Invited Attorney's Conference
- Bruce Furukawa to present “Are you in Compliance with California’s new electronic discovery act?” on Wednesday, September 2, 2009 from 1:00 to 4:30pm in Davis, CA and Thursday, September 3, 2009 from 1:00 to 4:30pm in San Francisco, CA., Speaker, “Are you in Compliance with California’s new electronic discovery act?” , Association Of Defense Council
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating by Judges and Attorneys, AV Rating, Martindale Hubbell, 2020
- Northern California Super Lawyer (2014-2020)
- Co-Chair: Columbia University Alumni Relations Committee, Bay Area Region
- Architects Engineers Construction
Last Updated: 5/15/2022