Chelsea J. Suttmann
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Burlingame, CA
Chelsea J. Suttmann is the managing director and a shareholder at Barulich Dugoni & Suttmann Law Group, Inc., in Burlingame, California. With over nine years of legal experience, she represents clients with legal matters such as estate planning, trust and probate law, estate and gift taxation, and business formation.
With a “Good” Avvo rating, Ms. Suttmann provides passionate and dedicated legal services to her clients. She has a steadfast commitment to their needs and aggressively fights for their rights and liberties. Delivering distinctive solutions and strategies to each client’s unique case, Ms. Suttmann provides knowledgeable counsel to all her clients.
Ms. Suttmann has a Bachelor of Arts in English language and literature from the University of Michigan. Graduating cum laude and with Order of the Coif honors, she obtained her Juris Doctor from the Santa Clara Law. She is admitted to practice in California and Michigan. In law school, she was a technical editor for the Santa Clara Law Review, and also served as a research assistant to Dean Donald Polden of Santa Clara University.
Actively engaging with the legal community, Ms. Suttmann is a member of The State Bar of California’s Trusts and Estates Section, the Annual Jerry A. Kasner Estate Planning Symposium and the San Mateo County Bar Association. She was a member of the Junior League of Palo Alto Mid-Peninsula and the Rotary Club of San Mateo. Additionally, she was a San Mateo Leadership Program graduate.
Ms. Suttmann served as a judicial law clerk for the San Francisco Division of Judges and as a legal intern for other renowned law firms. She has been board-certified as a specialist in estate planning, trust and probate law by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Due to her immense experience providing counsel and advice to family business owners, Ms. Suttmann is a go-to lawyer in the field of estate planning, business formation and maintenance. She also takes up cases that include high net worth clients, involving estate tax considerations, asset protection strategies and post-death gifting.
About Chelsea J. Suttmann
First Admitted: 2012, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.bdslawinc.com/attorney/chelsea-j-suttmann/
- “Advanced Planning - A Decade in Review: What Have We Learned Over the Last Decade and Where are We Headed?”, California Trusts and Estates Quarterly, Volume 27, Issue 1
- The Minority Coalition's Burden of Proof Under Section 2 of the Voting Rights Act, Santa Clara Law Review, publication date: Jan 1, 2012
- Estate Planning Considerations for California Same-Sex Couples in a Post-Windsor and Post-Proposition 8 World, California Trusts and Estates Quarterly, Volume 19, Issue 4
- CEB California Trust Administration, Chapter 2, "Overview of Trustee's Duties, Standards, and Powers", Co-Author
- Northern California Super Lawyers “Rising Star”, San Francisco Magazine, 2019-2021
- Annual Jerry A. Kasner Estate Planning Symposium, Member
- San Mateo County Rotary Club, Member 2012-2015
- San Mateo County Leadership Program Graduate 2015
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Member
- Junior League of Palo Alto Mid-Peninsula, Member 2012-2015
- Bachelor of Arts from the University of Michigan, 2009
Last Updated: 5/19/2022