Justin T. Berger
Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Burlingame, CaliforniaCotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP
As a partner at Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP, Justin T. Berger represents clients in Burlingame, California. His practice focuses on the following legal matters: wage and hour violations, the False Claims Act, whistleblower and retaliation protection, consumer protection class actions, commercial litigation, employment law, elder abuse, the California Insurance Fraud Prevention Act and false claims/whistleblower law.
Fluent in both English and Spanish, Mr. Berger is admitted to practice in the state of California. He is also admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the 4th and 9th Circuits and all California federal courts, and he formerly served as a clerk in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
After graduating cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Yale University, Mr. Berger went on to attend the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law. In 2006, he earned his Juris Doctor degree and, since then, has received many awards. These include recognition by the Daily Journal on its Top 40 Under 40 list of attorneys in the state and by The Recorder, which named him as a Lawyer on the Fast Track.
In 2008 and 2011, the Consumer Attorneys of California included him as a finalist for its Consumer Attorney of the Year Award, and, in 2019, he received the award. Mr. Berger is a member of Taxpayers Against Fraud, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the San Mateo County Trial Lawyers Association, the American Bar Association, the Consumer Attorneys of California, the State Bar of California, the San Mateo County Bar Association and the Association of Business Trial Lawyers.
Practice areasEmployment & Labor: Employee, Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff, Consumer Law, Elder Law
Class Actions, Consumer Protection, Employment Law - Employee, Fraud, Whistleblower
- 40% Employment & Labor: Employee
- 30% Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
- 20% Consumer Law
- 10% Elder Law
First Admitted: 2006
Professional Webpage: https://www.cpmlegal.com/professionals-justin-berger-whistle...
- San Mateo County Barristers (President)
- United States Peace Corps Volunteer, Ecuador (1999-2001)
- Americorps-Vista Volunteer, Casa Cornelia Law Center (2002-2003)
- San Diego Peace Corps Association (Board Member, former)
- San Mateo County Barristers (President, 2013-2014)
- Housing and Economic Rights Advocates (HERA), Board President
- Northern California Peace Corps Association
- Yale University, B.A.
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Member
- American Business Trial Lawyers
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
- All Federal Courts in California
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- "Lawyer on the Fast Track," one of the top 50 attorneys in California under 10 years of practice, The Recorder, 2012
- Barristers Award, San Mateo County Bar Association
- Northern California “Super Lawyer" by San Francisco Magazine, 2009 to 2012, was named as a “Rising Star”
- The Recorder’s "Lawyers on the Fast Track,", as one of the top 50 attorneys in California with less than 10 years of practice
- Daily Journal as one of the “Top 40 Under 40”, attorneys in California
- Consumer Attorney of the Year, by the Consumer Attorneys of California, 2019
- California Lawyer Magazine Attorney of the Year, (CLAY) Award
- Finalist for the 2008 Consumer Attorney of the Year Award, Consumer Attorneys of California
- , Attorney of the Year (CLAY) Award, California Lawyer Magazine, 2012
- Finalist for the 2011 Consumer Attorney of the Year Award, Consumer Attorneys of California
Office location for Justin T. Berger
840 Malcolm Road
Burlingame, CA 94010
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2009 - 2012