Mark C. Molumphy
Top rated intellectual property attorney in Burlingame, CaliforniaCotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP
Mark C. Molumphy is a partner at Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP, in Burlingame, California. Providing sound counsel to his clients throughout the state of California, he handles cases involving privacy and intellectual property, securities and financial fraud, and shareholder rights and corporate governance.
A zealous advocate for his clients, Mr. Molumphy fights aggressively for their rights and liberties and provides customized strategies for each case. He has immense experience being lead counsel in several prominent cases, and this experience makes him one of the go-to lawyers in corporate governance, securities, and date security and privacy.
Mr. Molumphy has a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of California, Berkeley. He also studied international relations and economic studies at the Edinburgh University. He obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of San Francisco, School of Law.
Admitted to practice in California, Mr. Molumphy is also admitted before the California Supreme Court, the Supreme Court of the United States, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California. He is also a court-appointed arbitrator for the San Mateo County.
Actively affiliated with legal organizations, Mr. Molumphy is a member of the American Bar Association, The State Bar of California, the Association of Business Trial Lawyers, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the University of San Francisco Inns of Court, the San Mateo County Bar Association and the Federal Bar Association.
Honored for his exceptional legal contributions, Mr. Molumphy has been included in the Top 100 lawyers distinguished list by The National Trial Lawyers and the Top 100 Attorneys in California list by the Daily Journal. He is the recipient of the Parca’s Angel Award and Community Service Award by the Jack Berman Advocacy Center of the American Jewish Congress.
Mr. Molumphy is on the Irish Legal 100 list for five years in a row and is a finalist of the Consumer Attorneys of California Attorney of the Year. He was selected for inclusion on Lawdragon’s 500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers list for 2021. Enthusiastically involved in serving the community, Mr. Molumphy is a board member and a volunteer at the Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County.
Practice areasIntellectual property, Securities & corporate finance, Business/corporate
Intellectual property law, Securities law
- 50% Intellectual property
- 30% Securities & corporate finance
- 20% Business/corporate
First Admitted: 1993, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.cpmlegal.com/professionals-mark-molumphy-civil-l...
- Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County, Board of Directors and Volunteer
- Federal Bar Association
- Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County
- Court Appointed Arbitrator for the County of San Mateo
- University of San Francisco Inns of Court
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- State Bar of California
- American Bar Association
- Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- California Supreme Court
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- University of California, Berkeley, B.S., 1989
- International Relations & Economic Studies, Edinburgh University, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Civil Litigation Reporter., Volume 20, Number 1, Punitive Damages: How Much Is Enough?, Continuing Education of the Bar, 1998
- Attorney of the Year Finalist, Consumer Attorneys of California , 2014
- Irish Legal 100, 2017-2021
- Top 100 Northern California Super Lawyers, 2015-2021
- Parca’s Angel Award, 2008
- Community Service Award by the Jack Berman Advocacy Center of the American Jewish Congress for work on the landmark 101 California Shooting Litigation, 1996
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100, 2020, 2021
- Top 100 Attorneys in California, Daily Journal, 2020
Office location for Mark C. Molumphy
840 Malcolm Road
Burlingame, CA 94010
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023
Top listsTop 100: Northern California Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2016, 2018 - 2023
- Top 100: 2023 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2022 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2016 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2015 Northern California Super Lawyers