Paul J. Barulich
Top rated Estate & Trust Litigation attorney in Burlingame, CaliforniaBarulich Dugoni & Suttmann Law Group, Inc.
Practice Areas: Estate & Trust Litigation, Estate Planning & Probate, Business & Corporate; view more
Licensed in California since: 1985
Education: Golden Gate University School of Law
Barulich Dugoni & Suttmann Law Group, Inc.577 Airport Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010 Visit website
Shareholder and director of Barulich Dugoni & Suttmann Law Group, Inc., Paul J. Barulich is an estate planning, business and corporate attorney representing clients in Marin County, San Mateo, Berkeley, Oakland and San Francisco. The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization certified him as a specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law, and his practice includes matters of taxation, real property, business planning, trusts and estates, probate, estate administration, and estate planning.
From 2004 to 2017, San Francisco Magazine named Mr. Barulich as a Northern California Super Lawyer, and he was selected by the San Mateo County Superior Court’s presiding judge. A presenter for the San Mateo County Bar Association, he has also published works for the State Bar of California and the Bureau of National Affairs. For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
After graduating in 1981 from the University of California, Berkeley, with a Bachelor of Arts, Mr. Barulich attended the Golden Gate University School of Law and earned his Juris Doctor in 1984. Since 1985, he has been admitted to practice in the state of California.
Mr. Barulich is a member of the San Mateo County Bar Association, the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and the American Bar Association; he is a former member of the executive committee of the ABA Trust and Probate Law Section and the former chair of the SMCBA Probate and Estate Planning Section. Mr. Barulich is chair of the board of directors of the San Mateo County History Museum and is on the board of directors for the San Mateo Police Department Police Activities League and for the National Center for Equine Facilitated Therapy.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEstate & Trust Litigation, Estate Planning & Probate, Business/Corporate, Tax: Consumer
Business Formation and Planning, Business Organizations, Contracts, Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Limited Liability Companies, Living Wills, Partnership, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Tax Law, Trusts, Will Contests, Wills
- 40% Estate & Trust Litigation
- 40% Estate Planning & Probate
- 10% Business/Corporate
- 10% Tax: Consumer
First Admitted: 1985, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.bdslawinc.com/About/Paul-J-Barulich.shtml
- Mounted Patrol of San Mateo County
- National Center for Equine Facilitate Therapy, Board of Directors
- The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- San Mateo Police Department Police Activities League, Board of Directors
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Member
- San Mateo County History Museum, Board of Directors, Chair
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California, Trust and Probate Law Section, Executive Committee, 1997 - 2003
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Probate and Estate Planning Section, Chair, 1995
- State Bar of California, 1985
- Northern California Super Lawyers, San Francisco Magazine, 2004 - 2017
- Selected by the Presiding Judge, San Mateo County Superior Court
- AV Preeminent, Martindale.com
- “Top 100” Super Lawyer, 2005
- CEB Action Guide, “Handling Postmortem Trust Administration: A Checklist”, September 2009
- Presenter, Best Practices in Estate Planning and Administration, San Mateo County Bar Association, 2013
- A Practitioner's Guide to Drafting Shared Equity Financing Agreements, Tax Management Memorandum, Bureau of National Affairs, Vol. 6, No. 2, February 7, 1990
- The Estate Administration of Contaminated Property, California Trusts and Estates Quarterly, Vol. 6, No. 2, Summer 2000
- Guide to the California Rules of Professional Conduct for Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Counsel, Contributing Commentator, State Bar of California, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section, 1997
- CEB California Trust Administration, Chapter 2, "Overview of Trustee's Duties, Standards, and Powers", Author
- University of California, Berkeley, A.B., 1981
- Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
Office location for Paul J. Barulich
577 Airport Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2023