Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Burlingame, CA
Richard Shu is a principal attorney and the practice area leader of estate planning development at Barulich Dugoni & Suttmann Law Group, Inc., in Burlingame, California. He takes on cases involving business formation, complex wealth transfer of lifetime gifts, charitable gifting, conservatorships and more.
With over seven years of legal experience, Mr. Shu is also a board-certified specialist in estate planning, trust and probate law by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. He is admitted to practice in the state of California. Mr. Shu has a “Very Good” rating on Avvo for his remarkable legal services.
Mr. Shu provides personalized and dedicated legal services to all his clients, ensuring that for each unique case, there is a customized solution. He communicates clearly and keeps his clients informed throughout the legal process. Mr. Shu is a tireless advocate for the rights and needs of his clients.
Along with a bachelor’s degree in rhetoric from the University of California, Berkeley, Mr. Shu also has an LL.M. degree in taxation from the Golden Gate University School of Law. He earned his Juris Doctor from the Golden Gate University School of Law and was on the law school’s Moot Court board.
Mr. Shu has gained invaluable experience advising clients who find it difficult to manage their finances and their own care. Additionally, he has gained a reputation for providing sound counsel to clients in matters related to tax implications, including estate and gift tax, property tax and income tax.
Enthusiastically engaging in the activities of the legal community, Mr. Shu is a member of the Bay Area Young Tax Lawyers, the San Mateo County Bar Association and The Bar Association of San Francisco and co-chaired The Bar Association of San Francisco’s Barristers Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section. In addition to his law practice, Mr. Shu enjoys quality time with his family and friends, learning the guitar and playing basketball.
About Richard Shu
First Admitted: 2014, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.bdslawinc.com/attorney/richard-r-shu/
- Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- The Bar Association of San Francisco Barrister's Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section, Co-Chair
- Admission to State Bar of California, 2014
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Member
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Member
- Bay Area Young Tax Lawyers, Member
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California, LL.M., Master of Laws in Taxation
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., Bachelor of Arts in Rhetoric
Last Updated: 5/19/2022