Shelly Jay Shafron
Top rated real estate attorney in Calabasas, CaliforniaShafron & Kammer, LLP
Held in high regard by his fellow professionals, Shelly Jay Shafron is a partner at Shafron & Kammer, L.L.P. From the firm's offices in Calabasas, California, he provides representation to individual and business clients throughout Los Angeles County. Admitted to practice in California since 1975, Mr. Shafron is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Central, Northern, and Southern Districts of California, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
A significant portion of Mr. Shafron's practice involves complex real estate transactions and litigation. He has prepared and reviewed purchase and sale agreements as well as loan documents and escrow instructions. Mr. Shafron has also worked on Section 1031 tax-deferred exchanges, commercial lease agreements, unlawful detainers and landlord-tenant disputes. He has represented buyers, sellers, lenders, and developers in the purchase, sale, and development of commercial and residential properties, and he has negotiated and prepared construction contracts and owner-architect agreements. Mr. Shafron's litigation experience has also included actions regarding brokerage commissions as well as construction and other commercial disputes.
Mr. Shafron has a high success rate in both arbitrations and jury trials, and his colleagues have taken note of his track record and have awarded him an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. He is frequently asked to deliver presentations to real estate brokers and other professionals on topics related to his practice areas, and he has conducted training seminars to many major commercial brokerage firms. After receiving a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Southern California, Mr. Shafron pursued his legal education at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, and he served on the Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review before being awarded his Juris Doctor in 1975.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasReal estate: business, Business litigation
- 70% Real estate: business
- 30% Business litigation
First Admitted: 1975, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.shafronandkammer.com/Attorneys/Shelly-J-Shafron.h...
- NAI Capital, Inc., California Commercial Investment Companies, a California based real estate acquisition and management firm with a broad and diversified real estate portfolio
- Mr. Shafron has negotiated and prepared hundreds of commercial leases and purchase and sale agreements and has considerable experience in commercial lease and specific performance litigation
- Mr. Shafron maintains a 77% success ratio in significant trials and arbitrations, and an 83% success ratio in jury trials. He represents both plaintiff and defense, and has two jury verdicts in real estate cases in excess of $1,000,000. See above for 2014 highlights
- Admitted to all courts in California, both federal and state, and US Superior Court, 1976
- Frequent lecturer to Real Estate brokerage firms and associations including Coldwell Banker (now CBRE), Grubb & Ellis, NAI Capital, Marcus A. Millichap, Sperry Van Ness, Told Partners, Lecturer, CCIM. Author of Back on the Road Again, The Mobility Exception in the 70's, Note and Comment Editor, Loyola Law Review 3, 1974-1975. "Negligence and the Commercial Landlord: A Guide to Preventative Legal Medicine," California Real Estate Directory, Vol. 1 No. 8, Winter Edition, p. 33, 1985
- Presented in excess of 70 lectures to various commercial brokerage firms on aspects of real estate and broker litigation, rights and duties
- Graduated University of Southern California with B.A. in Political Science in 1972
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1984
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1976
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- California, 1975
- A frequent lecturer and invited speaker to commercial brokerage companies seeking training sessions with agents on broker's rights and duties.
- Has received client referrals from several trial judges before whom Mr. Shafron has appeared. Some judicial references of trial judges are the Honorable Gregory Lewis, Orange County Superior Court, 657-622-5226; the Honorable James Kaddo, 818-901-4614; the Honorable Michael D. Marcus, Ret. 310-201-0010; the Honorable Helen Bendix, 213-633-0518
- Rated AV by Martindale Hubbell, its highest ranking
- Member, St. Thomas Moore Honor Society
- Real Estate
Office location for Shelly Jay Shafron
4764 Park Granada
Calabasas, CA 91302
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023