Top Rated Bankruptcy Attorney in Canoga Park, CA
Shai Oved is an attorney at the Law Offices of Shai Oved located in Canoga Park, California. He represents clients with bankruptcy law, construction law and real estate law matters, and has over 25 years of legal experience. He serves clients throughout California with matters involving debtor/creditor rights, business and commercial law, litigation and bankruptcy appeals, business organization and so on.
Board-certified as a bankruptcy law specialist by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Oved has a long record of obtaining successful wins for his clients. He is mindful of how intimidating the bankruptcy process can be and offers sound and compassionate counsel. Keeping his clients informed throughout the case, he works hard to relieve his clients of the stress and worry that follow.
Graduating cum laude, Mr. Oved has a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California. He obtained a Master of Law degree in taxation from the Golden Gate University School of Law and earned a Juris Doctor from the Whittier College School of Law. He was in the Phi Delta Phi fraternity. After obtaining his license to practice law, Mr. Oved worked at two prominent law firms before starting his own law firm.
Mr. Oved is admitted to practice in California and before the U.S. District Court for Northern District of California, the U.S. District Court for Eastern District of California, the U.S. District Court for Southern District of California, the U.S. District Court for Central District of California, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court. Honored for his exceptional service, he has a “Very Good” rating on Avvo along with numerous testimonials from satisfied clients.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
Certificates and Credentials
- California Board of Legal Specialization
About Shai Oved
First Admitted: 1996, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.shaioved.com/attorney/oved-shai/
- Licensed as a General Contractor in California.
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in California
- 1993 BA - Business Economincs 1996 JD - Whittier Law School 1997 LLM(Tax) - Golden Gate University, 1993
- Counsel presented and organized an MCLE session for the San Fernando Valley Bar Association with Judge Kwan and two other attorneys to address attorney fees following the US Supreme Court decision in In re Penrod., Presenter, Post-Penrod Bankruptcy Attorney Fees - Opening the Floodgates, San Fernando Valley Bar Association - Bankruptcy Section, Bankruptcy, 2019
- Counsel represented Debtor in the Bankruptcy Court in the Central District and sought damages for violating the automatic stay against the lender. After being denied the request, the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel entered a published decision in In re Freeman, CC-18-1261-TaFS, (2019 9th Cir. BAP) reversing the Bankruptcy Court., 2019
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Super Lawyer designation - one of eight in the Consumer Bankruptcy Category., 2020
- Counsel represented Debtor/Appellant at the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal on whether res judicata should apply to a state court judgment when he could not prosecute the appeal., Oral Arguments at 9th Circuit Court of Appeal - In re Bouzaglou.2/14/2020, Bankruptcy, 2020
- Counsel represented a Family Law Attorney/Creditor at the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel after multiple prior appeals related to his adversary complaint which was dismissed at summary judgment, and Debtor sought attorney fees for sucessfully defending an adversary complaint based on a consumer debt., Bankruptcy Appellate Panel Oral Arguments - In re Lionetti resulting in a published decision. 2020 9th Cir. BAP 19-1118, Bankruptcy/Family Law Attorney, 2020
- Board Of Realtors
- Contractors License
Last Updated: 5/15/2022