Gordon R. Levinson
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Carlsbad, CA
- Free Consultation
Gordon R. Levinson represents victims of high-velocity high-impact vehicle collisions and stands up for his clients against big insurance companies. Gordon is a former insurance defense attorney and used to represent the largest insurers in North America. Now he puts that experience and insider knowledge on the side of injured victims. Gordon is the founder of the Levinson Law Group. Those in Carlsbad, California, who have been injured in truck accidents, car accidents, pedestrian accidents or motorcycle accidents benefit from his 24 years of experience in the world of litigation. He also handles matters of wrongful death and brain injuries caused by accidents.
In his former career, Mr. Levinson defended some of the continent’s largest insurance companies, which provides him unique insight into how insurance companies work and think. This allows him to come up with the best approach to getting the most compensation for a client who has been injured. He has an Avvo “Superb” rating and is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Over the last two decades, Mr. Levinson has represented more than 4,500 clients in state appellate courts, federal district trial courts, the California Supreme Court and a long list of county superior courts. Before he began representing clients, he attended the University of San Francisco School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor and was a member of the Law Review and Moot Court Honors Board.
Through his work as an advisory board member for Mothers Against Drunk Driving and with the Levinson Foundation, Mr. Levinson works hard to give back to his community. His approach is integrity in advocacy, diligent community involvement and results-driven representation. A dedicated advocate for the injured, he will take a case as far as necessary to get the results his clients deserve.
- The 4 Reasons it's Smart to Hire a Lawyer After a Car Crash (2012) - Gordon's white paper, the 4 Reasons it's Smart to Hire a Lawyer After a Car Crash, instructs readers on various do's and don'ts after a car crash.
About Gordon R. Levinson
First Admitted: 1996, California
Professional Webpage: https://levinsonlawgroup.com/attorneys/gordon-levinson/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Through his position as a Director for the Max and Anna Levinson Foundation, Gordon has engineered numerous charitable grants for several synogogues, schools and many other non-profit organizations.
- Gordon was invited to be an Advisory Board Member to Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD). In this volunteer post, Gordon serves the community by advocating against the violent crime of drunk driving and advancing MADD's pro-safety agenda., 2017
- In 2018, Gordon was invited to remain on as an Advisory Board Member to Mothers Against Drunk Driving for the second straight year., 2018
- Juris Doctor from University of San Francisco School of Law, 1996
- Bachelor's Degree in History from Cal. State San Marcos, 1993
- Gordon was the Featured Faculty Member who gave a videotaped lecture entitled "Personal Injury: An Ethically Hazardous Practice Area" for Mandatory Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) credits through the online MCLE company Attorney Credits. Gordon's lecture was very well-received and earned numerous positive comments in the user feedback area., 2012
- In 2015, Speakeasy Publications published Gordon's helpful book "I've Been in a Crash! Now What?" Gordon wrote the book to provide do's and don'ts to people involved in auto collisions., Author, https://d18jioipkrw764.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/gordon-levinson-auto-accident-ebook.pdf, Speakeasy Publications, 2015
- In 2016, Gordon was awarded Silver Sponsor by Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) due to his charitable contributions to MADD's yearly walk-a-thons. Gordon supports MADD and its cause; to rid the community of impaired drivers who cause harm., Silver Sponsor, Mothers Against Drunk Driving, 2016
- In 2006, Gordon was given the Outstanding Community Leader Award by Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD). As a tireless advocate for the rights of people who were effected by the violent crime of drunk driving, Gordon was given this award at MADD's annual gala in Del Mar, CA. , Outstanding Community Leader Award, Mothers Against Drunk Driving, 2006
- Gordon is a long-time supporter of MADD and sits on that organization's Advisory Board. He was awarded the Outstanding Community Leader Award in 2005 for his support of MADD's signature walk-a-thon in San Diego., Outstanding Community Leader Award, Mothers Against Drunk Driving, 2005
- In 2014, Gordon was selected by the History Department at Cal. State San Marcos as its Alum of the Year and invited to address the graduating class at commencement. The award was based on Gordon's many contributions to the alumni community including employment, charitable contributions, and mentorship., Alum of the Year, Cal. State San Marcos, 2014
- In 2013, Gordon earned the distinction of Million Dollar Advocate and was approved for membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Established in 1993, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum (which includes the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum) is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. There are over 4000 members throughout the country. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members., Million Dollar Advocate, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2013
- In 2005, Gordon earned his first of two consecutive Outstanding Community Leader Awards given to him by Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD). Gordon is passionate about ridding the community of the violent crime of drunk driving and participates in various charitable activities in support of MADD. He is also a member of MADD's Advisory Committee., Outstanding Community Leader Award, Mothers Against Drunk Driving, 2005
- This 2018 video introduces the team at Levinson Law Group and describes what makes the Levinson Law Group different: Expertise., Levinson Law Group, 2018
- $1,000,000.00 in an auto v. pedestrian case for a client with a brain injury, 2019
- $1,000,000.00 in an auto v. auto collision resulting in neck surgery, 2020
- $525,000 for a car crash victim with a traumatic brain injury, 2020
- $600,000 for a vehicle crash victim with a wrist injury, 2019
- $500,000 in a vehicle collision case for a client with an eye and neck injury, 2019
- $45,000 in a rear-end auto collision. Before trial, the carrier's top offer was $15,000. We obtained a judgment of three times that amount including costs after a five-day jury trial in Vista, CA. One of the highlights of the trial was Gordon's successful cross-examination of a well-known defense expert orthopedist which ultimately won the case according to the jurors who spoke with us after the trial., 2017
- $600,000 in an auto collision case with co-counsel. Our client was an avid surfer who required neck surgery following a head-on collision with another car. We were able to obtain the surgery for our client on a lien basis after his health insurer denied the procedure. The surgery was a success and relieved our client of his chronic pain and his case settled after intense litigation., 2015
- $750,000 in an auto collision case with co-counsel. Our client required back surgery after an auto collision. The defendant was in a rental car, so the prospect of sufficient coverage seemed daunting at first. However, we were able to determine that the defendant was traveling in California within the course and scope of his employment and the employer eventually settled after discovery., 2015
- $1.25 Million in an auto vs. pedestrian collision. Our client was an elderly woman who was jay walking across a street to catch a bus when she was struck by an oncoming car. She suffered a brain bleed, fractured arms, fractured legs, and a fractured pelvis. We overcame the comparative fault issue and reached a seven figure settlement., 2014
- $500,000 in a rear-end auto collision. Our client was a local attorney who required back surgery after an auto collision on the I15 through Temecula, CA. The case was particularly challenging because the defense alleged the plaintiff was suffering from pre-existing degenerative disc disease, not a trauma-related condition., 2013
- #nomorevictims #scholarship #triallawyers #supportyoungpeople https://t.co/hYiU08biBc
- #nomorevictims #scholarship #triallawyers #supportyoungpeople https://t.co/rEbgKgEpcF
- You're doing great! Have a safe Sunday!☀️ #fathersday https://t.co/8vf54bf3lP
- #thankyou #heroes https://t.co/zZnCBoQl5d
- #allinthistogether #compassion #staysafe https://t.co/Lq4zgk0zTM
Last Updated: 5/15/2022