Scott Alan Miller
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Carlsbad, CaliforniaDillon, Miller, Ahuja & Boss, LLP
Scott Alan Miller is a partner and attorney at Dillon, Miller, Ahuja & Boss, LLP, in Carlsbad, California. He is also the chair of the firm’s Real Estate Litigation Practice Group. Serving clients across California, he focuses his practice on trials, arbitrations and mediation, primarily in concerns related to real estate and business law.
Extending his services to that of a general counsel, Mr. Miller serves individuals and business owners in matters regarding transactions, contract drafting, employee termination and more. His 25 years of legal practice have given him immense exposure to a variety of cases within his focus area. The valuable insights gained from these cases give him an edge over his opponents in better understanding a legal problem and analyzing the possible strategies.
Mr. Miller scrutinizes each situation before presenting his clients with the options. He advises professionals on how to run and plan their businesses efficiently utilizing the provisions of law while abiding by the rules and regulations. He represents both landlords and tenants in conflicts including breach of contract, commercial lease disputes and others related to landlord-tenant law.
On the business front, Mr. Miller has successfully obtained dismissals for his clients against false conviction on the claims of wrongful termination, fraud and breach of trade secret and securities law.
With a Bachelor of Arts in history from the University of California, San Diego, Mr. Miller received his Juris Doctor magna cum laude at the University of San Diego School of Law in 1997. He is admitted to practice in California and before all U.S. District Courts in the state, the U.S. Tax Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Real Estate: Business
Landlord/Tenant, Non-Compete Agreements, Trade Secret
- 50% Business Litigation
- 50% Real Estate: Business
First Admitted: 1997, California
Professional Webpage: https://dmablaw.com/scott-alan-miller/
- Mentor for TACA (Talk About Curing Autism)
- San Diego Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Volunteer Deputy District Attorney
- Barrister, American Inns of Court, J. Clifford Wallace, San Diego Chapter
- Barrister, American Inns of Court, Louis M. Welsh, San Diego Chapter
- Federal Bar Association
- Member of ProVisors, Del Mar Heights Group
- San Diego County Bar Association (General Civil Litigation and Real Property Sections)
- U.S. Tax Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- University of California, San Diego, B.A. History, 1993
- Commercial Real Estate
Office location for Scott Alan Miller
5872 Owens Ave.
Carlsbad, CA 92008
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2024