Stewart R. Albertson
Top rated estate & trust litigation attorney in Carlsbad, CaliforniaAlbertson & Davidson, LLP
Practice Areas: Estate & trust litigation, Personal injury, Estate planning & probate; view more
Licensed in California since: 2004
Education: Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
Albertson & Davidson, LLP2173 Salk Ave.
Carlsbad, CA 92008 Visit website
Stewart R. Albertson is a founding partner and chief litigation officer at Albertson & Davidson, LLP, in San Diego, California. With more than 17 years of experience, he assists clients with abused beneficiary claims, financial elder abuse litigation, trust contest, trustee surcharge litigation, trust accounting litigation and wrongful death litigation.
A former paratrooper in the 82nd Division of the United States Army, Mr. Albertson is no stranger to tough battles, and he always ensures his clients get the best representation possible. Working on complex trust, probate and litigation issues, he is diligent in his approach and works hard toward his clients’ objectives.
Mr. Albertson graduated from Southwestern Adventist University with a Bachelor of Science degree in 1999. He then received his Juris Doctor in 2002 from the Loyola University New Orleans College of Law and went on to obtain his Master of Law degree in taxation from the Georgetown University Law Center in 2003.
Licensed to practice in California in 2004, Mr. Albertson is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Central, Eastern and Northern Districts of California. Additionally, he is licensed to practice across all Louisiana state courts.
Mr. Albertson has memberships in various professional organizations, including:
· The State Bar of California
· The Los Angeles County Bar Association
· The Bar Association of San Francisco
· The San Diego County Bar Association
· The San Mateo County Bar Association
· The Santa Clara County Bar Association
· The Consumer Attorneys of California
Moreover, he has also published many articles in various journals and magazines, including the Inland Empire Business Journal and Advocate Magazine. He taught will and trust law at Chapman University School of Law and has conducted various continuing legal education seminars across many platforms.
For his professionalism and high ethical standards, Mr. Albertson was nominated for Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles and was selected to the Top 100 Trial Lawyers list by The National Trial Lawyers for three consecutive years. He is also rated “Superb” on Avvo.
Practice areasEstate & trust litigation, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Estate planning & probate
Will contests, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
- 70% Estate & trust litigation
- 20% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Estate planning & probate
First Admitted: 2002, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.aldavlaw.com/attorneys/stewart-r-albertson/
- Products liability: Avoiding the “land of the lost”. Stewart R. Albertson, Advocate Magazine (2013)
- How the motion picture industry miscalculates box office receipts. David Shavlik, S. Eric Anderson, and Stewart R. Albertson, Inland Empire Business Journal (2004)
- Are employer-sponsored tax-deferred 401(k) plans still a good investment? Stewart R. Albertson and S. Eric Anderson, Inland Empire Business Journal (2004)
- The International Taxation of Dividend Income: A Closer Look at the Bush Administration’s Dividend Exclusion Proposal and Two Proposals Outside of the Classical and Integration? Tax Regimes (Masters Thesis LL.M.; Not Published (2003)
- California, 2004
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- The Bar Association of San Francisco
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
- Taxation of Financial Derivatives. Oak League Institute (2003)
- Charitable Trusts and Taxation of appreciated property. Redlands Yucaipa Guidance Counseling Association Board Meeting (2003)
- Estate and Financial Planning Seminar. Loma Linda University and Medical Center (2004 & 2005)
- Physician-Assisted Suicide: An Analysis of U.S. Supreme Court Precedent. The Research Channel. Loma Linda University Bioethics Grand Rounds (2005)
- Jury Selection. Melvin M. Belli Society, Santa Clara County Trial Lawyers Association (2013)
- Trust and Will litigation. American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys (2015)
- Ethics, Malpractice, Litigation…Oh My! Incapacity, Undue Influence and What Estate Planning and Elder Law Attorneys Need to Know (2018)
- The New Frontier–Contingency Practice for Trust and Will Litigation (2018)
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- Louisiana, 2002
- Mr. Albertson's grand rounds presentation explains the distinction between fundamental rights and ordinary rights under the U.S. Constitution’s 14th Amendment’s substantive due process clause, as well as how physician-assisted suicide fits into the Supreme Court’s interpretation on what is and what is not a fundamental right. Mr. Albertson also explores the issue of federalism – the federal, state, and local governments sharing concurrent power and how the outcome of certain laws such as Gonzales v. Oregon (2005) will impact California’s own physician-assisted suicide proposed legislation., Physician-Assisted Suicide: An Analysis of U.S. Supreme Court Precedent
- LL.M. (Taxation); The Georgetown University Law Center, 2003
- B.S.; Southwestern Adventist University, 1999
- LL.M. (Taxation), 2003
Office location for Stewart R. Albertson
2173 Salk Ave.
Carlsbad, CA 92008
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2011, 2013 - 2014