Susan M. Curran
Top rated civil litigation attorney in Carlsbad, CaliforniaCurran & Curran Law
Practice Areas: Civil litigation, Employment & labor, Employment litigation; view more
Licensed in California since: 2003
Education: California Western School of Law
Curran & Curran Law5857 Owens Ave
Carlsbad, CA 92008 Visit website
Susan M. Curran is a principal attorney for Curran & Curran Law, based in Carlsbad, California. She focuses her practice on offering custom-tailored legal solutions to individuals and large corporations throughout San Diego, Orange County and Riverside in matters pertaining to general civil law and labor matters, among other business-related issues.
Following her undergraduate studies, Ms. Curran decided to serve her community by pursuing her law degree at the California Western School of Law. As the current chairperson for the North County Bar Association’s Civil Litigation Section, she has set up several programs to benefit the legal community. She is a member of the Honorable Fiorenzo V. Lopardo American Inn of Court and a former board member of the North County Bar Association.
Professional and steadfast, Ms. Curran’s 15-plus years of experience span hundreds of lawsuits in courtrooms, several arbitrations and mediations, and hearings before state administrative agencies like the California Labor Commissioner’s Office. She believes in maintaining personal relationships with her clients to efficiently collaborate on their matters one-on-one and to strategize according to their best interests.
Besides her “Very Good” rating on Avvo, Ms. Curran has received the North County Bar Association’s President’s Award in 2017 and Attorneys of the Year Award in 2018 for her outstanding service to the practice of law. She has helped businesses and companies of all sizes handle legal affairs of all magnitudes. She also enjoys sharing her employment practices knowledge by conducting informative employment practices seminars for small businesses.
Practice areasCivil litigation: plaintiff, Employment & labor: employee, Employment litigation: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Labor law, Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents
- 70% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Employment & labor: employee
- 10% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2003, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.curranlawoffices.com/attorneys/susan-curran/
- $6,225,000MELBYE V. ACCELERATED PAYMENT TECHNOLOGIES INC. A unanimous jury in Federal District found that Mr. Melbye was owed unpaid commissions - Jury Verdict $1,194,000ALLYN V. FALLBROOK UNION ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT unanimous jury in State court found that Ms. Allyn was retaliated against and wrongfully terminated for raising objections to reduce the retention time of the District’s email system - Jury Verdict $500,000 SETTLEMENT Plaintiff received $500,000 as settlement for unpaid commissions. $498,000SETTLEMENTPlaintiff received $498,000 as settlement for retaliation and discrimination claims. $290,500SETTLEMENTPlaintiff received $290,500 as settlement for retaliation and discrimination claims.
- Susan is a member of and currently serving on the Executive Committee for the Fiorenzo V. Lopardo American Inn of Court. Susan is a member of the North County Bar Association and has served as a Director on the Board of the North County Bar Association for three years. She is currently the Co-Chairperson for the North County Bar’s Civil Litigation Section and has served on numerous committees such as Youth in Court.
- Susan Curran was admitted to the California State Bar, 2003
- For outstanding service to the practice of law, President's Award, The North County Bar, 2017
- Curran & Curran received the Attorneys of the Year Award from the North County Bar, 2018
Office location for Susan M. Curran
5857 Owens Ave
Carlsbad, CA 92008
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023