Mohammad N. Khan
Top Rated Civil Litigation Attorney in Cerritos, CA
Mohammad Khan’s work ethic was embedded when he was 10 years old.
Growing up in a family of entrepreneurs, he learned the complexities and risks of business ownership at an early age. From stocking inventory at his parents’ convenience store on the weekends to managing their restaurant full-time in high school, Mohammad saw how decisions affect the whole of operations — and by extension, his family’s livelihood.
This empathy laid the bedrock for Mohammad’s professional career. In his roles, he has relied on this perspective of a business owner’s stake. He believes that good strategy comes from seeing the whole picture — and a business’s growth depends on the integrity of its parts.
In 2014, Mohammad joined an international law and CPA firm, becoming its first attorney to earn a Partner role in less than four years. In this time, he built a record of success in representing client interests, including:
- Defense expertise, successfully defending a complex matter before the California Court of Appeal
- Jurisdictional versatility, litigating cases in California, Nevada, Texas, New York, and New Jersey
- Case scope and scale, obtaining the highest numerical judgment in his firm’s 35-year history
Furthering his passion for serving client needs, Mohammad developed his transactional law specialty. In his work, he sought to build more resiliency into a business’s operation. Mohammad has seen how with the right strategic decision-making, a business can reduce risk and realize greater profits.
His penchant for seeing the whole picture did not go unnoticed. Mohammad also served as the firm’s chief operating officer beginning in 2017. During this tenure, he:
- Oversaw nearly 500 employees across six U.S. and 14 international offices
- Served as Chair for the Transactional and Litigation Department
- Used his fluency in English, Urdu, Punjabi, and Hindi to serve as the liaison between the company’s U.S. and Indian operations
- Directed the firm’s growth strategy across 60 teams
His work delivered significant multi-departmental outcomes, including:
- Human resources — implementing new employee onboarding and improving retention procedures, reducing turnover
- Marketing — defining the firm’s vision, mission, and core values
- Accounts receivable — reducing accounts receivables by 25% in just three months
- Administration — supervising an $8 million construction project
- Business development — negotiating two successful acquisitions that generated $1.5 million in revenue; creating the U.S. and International Business Development departments
- Information technology — creating remote, offshore service operations across India and the Philippines, increasing net profits and reducing work demand for U.S. staff; implementing measures to ensure a robust cybersecurity apparatus to protect sensitive client information
In 2019, the first year that he freely ran the firm, Mohammad facilitated a 30% increase in top-line revenue — after revenue had remained flat with little growth in the firm’s three prior years.
With his notable client legal victories and exceptional operational management, Mohammad has garnered significant industry attention over the years.
He is a standout member of Vistage Worldwide, a global peer mentoring organization for more than 23,000 accomplished CEOs and business owners. In 2019, the organization recognized Mohammad as one of three distinguished executives among 700 members in the Orange County region.
In addition, Mohammad has earned:
- Recognition as a 2020 and 2021 Super Lawyer Rising Star, awarded to the top 2.5% of attorneys in California
- The Top 20 Court Award from Top Verdict in 2016
- The 2015 Torchbearer award from Mastery in Transformation Training
- The 2011 Employment award from Jackson Lewis P.C.
About Mohammad N. Khan
First Admitted: 2014, California
Professional Webpage: https://mnklawyers.com/attorney/mohammad-n-khan/
- Undermining or Promoting Democratic Government? An Economic and Empirical Analysis of the Two Views of Public Sector Collective Bargaining in American Law (Nevada Law Journal, April 2014), Nevada Law Journal
- University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California - B.A. in Political Science and Government, graduating with honors
- Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana - J.D. with Dean's Honor award
- Board Member, South Asian Bar Association (SABA-SC)
- This recognition was given to Mr. Khan for his presentation on the Power of Millennials: Getting ahead of the New Norm., ABAOC Business Convention Appreciation Award, ABAOC, 2019
- Mr. Khan was nominated for the Vistage Impact Award in his first year with Vistage. It is an honor that is given to only three of the nearly 700 Orange County Chapter members. , Vistage Impact Award Nominee, Vistage, 2019
- Mr. Khan was awarded the Top 20 Court Award from Top Verdict, Top 20 Court Award - California, Top Verdict, 2016
- Mr. Khan was awarded the Torchbearer Award from Mastery in Transformation Training (MITT), Torchbearer, Mastery in Transformation Training, 2015
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Professional Services
- Software & Information Technology
Last Updated: 5/15/2022