Tommy Songfong Wang
Top rated intellectual property attorney in City of Industry, CaliforniaWang IP Law Group, P.C.
Practice Areas: Intellectual property, Business & corporate; view more
Licensed in California since: 2010
Education: University of Miami School of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish, Chinese-Mandarin
Wang IP Law Group, P.C.18645 East Gale Ave
City of Industry, CA 91748 Visit website
Attorney Tommy Songfong Wang is the founder and principal of Wang IP Law Group, P.C. with offices throughout southern California and internationally in Taipei, Taiwan. Mr. Wang is a registered patent attorney specializing in intellectual property and business law. He represents clients in the Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, and San Francisco counties as well as internationally in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, and Israel.
In addition to being a licensed attorney in the state of California and registered patent attorney, Mr. Wang is a trained biochemist and former clinical researcher at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. He primarily handles matters involving patents, trademarks, licensing, complex business litigation, and international business transactions. He also has experience with antitrust, trade regulation, unfair competition, U.S. Customs and Border Protection seizures, and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulatory compliance.
Mr. Wang represents clients ranging from individuals and small-business owners to large multinational and publicly owned companies before the California state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Additionally, Mr. Wang is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and Taiwanese, and serves as outside general counsel to many international clients with regard to their business affairs in the U.S.
Mr. Wang has been mentioned in publications such as the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal and has contributed to several additional publications.
Mr. Wang has received additional recognition, including being named a “top lawyer in California” by ALM. He has also appeared on numerous national television networks, providing legal insight, analysis and commentary.
Active in the Beverly Hills Bar Association, Mr. Wang serves as an executive board member of the group’s intellectual property, internet and new media section. He is also a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association, City Club Los Angeles, the International Trademark Association, the Monte Jade West Science and Technology Association, the Orange County Bar Association and is vice president of the Taiwanese American Lawyers Association.
Practice areasIntellectual property, Business/corporate
Copyrights, Patents, Trademarks, Intellectual property law, Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Contracts, Business organizations
- 80% Intellectual property
- 20% Business/corporate
First Admitted: 2010, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.thewangiplaw.com/tommy-wang/
- Hailed in Los Angeles Confidential Magazine as “one of the preeminent intellectual property attorneys in the business.”
- Spotlighted in the Wall Street Journal
- Highlighted in MSNBC for his zealous drive as an entrepreneur spanning both the business and legal industry
- Featured in Forbes and Fortune for his uniquely international approach to the legal field
- Promoted in The New York Times
- Named a Rising Star by Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers® for the past four years, placing him among the top 2.5% of attorneys practicing in the state of California.
- Honored as a “Top Lawyer in California” by American Lawyer Media for four consecutive years and counting, recognizing him as one of the select attorneys practicing in California with the highest ethical standards and professional excellence.
- Grand Award Judge for Intel's International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF)
- Vice President and General Counsel to the Asian Pacific CPA Association (APCPAA)
- Legal Counsel to Sino American CPA Association (SACPAA).
- Advisor to the American Bar Association to reform Chinese government patent rules and regulations
- Prominent contributor in the revision of Intellectual Property law guidelines for the National Intellectual Property Administration of the People’s Republic of China (CNIPA).
- Grand Award Judge for Biochemistry at Intel’s International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF).
- Grand Judge for the Biochemistry/Molecular Biology section of the California State Science Fair.
- City Club of Los Angeles
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- 9th District Court of Appeals
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, IP, Internet & New Media Section, Director
- Taiwanese American Lawyers Association (TALA), Vice President and Board of Directors
- Monte Jade Science and Technology Association, Member
- The American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Member
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
Office location for Tommy Songfong Wang
18645 East Gale Ave
City of Industry, CA 91748
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2020