Chandra L. Moss
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Corona, CA
Attorney Chandra L. Moss is a senior associate with the Holstrom, Block & Parke, APLC, law firm, which has offices located across Southern California. Working out of the firm's Corona, California, office, Ms. Moss focuses her practice solely on family law, and she brings more than 27 years of legal experience to the table to help her clients resolve their conflicts and reach agreements with regards to child custody and support, property division, spousal support, and other matters involving their divorces.
Certified as a family law specialist by The State Bar of California's Board of Legal Specialization, Ms. Moss has established herself as one of the region's most distinguished family law attorneys, and she has extensive experience handling high-asset divorces and complex business valuations as well as pre- and post-nuptial agreements, paternity cases, and other domestic relations issues.
In all cases, Ms. Moss provides the personalized counsel and dedicated support her clients need during their most difficult and uncertain times, and she has earned Superb ratings on AVVO as well as other awards and honors for her professionalism and service. Ms. Moss has also been selected as a Super Lawyer 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022.
A 1982 graduate of Brigham Young University, Ms. Moss attended Southwestern University School of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 1990. While in law school, Ms. Moss was heavily involved with the Southwestern Law Review, and she received several scholarships and awards for her exceptional academic achievements. After passing the bar exam on her first try, she received her license to practice from The State Bar of California, and she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
Regarded as a leader in her field, Ms. Moss has written extensively and conducted lectures and seminars across her region on a variety of legal topics related to family and matrimonial law. She also maintains an active presence in her legal community, and she currently serves on the Riverside County Bar Association Family Law Section's Legislative Committee. A talented writer outside her legal profession, Ms. Moss published her first fiction novel in 2010.
About Chandra L. Moss
First Admitted: 1991, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.hbplaw.com/our-attorneys/chandra-moss/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Chapman Law School - Mentor, 2012
- Past Volunteer - Orange County Domestic Violence Clinic
- Admitted to Federal District Court - Central District of California, 1993
- Certified Family Law Specialist, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization since 2005.
- State Bar of California
- Past Member - Provisors
- Inland Empire Legislative Liaison - Family Law Executive Committee (Family Law Section, State Bar of California), 2017
- Member, State Bar of California, Family Law Section
- California, 1991
- Chapman Law School Mentor Program
- Member, Writers Market
- Member, Riverside County Bar Association
- Member, Riverside County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member - J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, Orange County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- Honorable Mention - 2010 Hollywood Book Festival (fiction)
- Top Attorney, Awarded Superior (10/10) Rating, AVVO
- Exceptional Achievement Award, Southwestern University School of Law, 1989
- Super Lawyers selection 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022., Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers
- Appointed to Law Review, Southwestern University School of Law, 1988
- Clients Choice Award, Excellent client service, AVVO, 2014
- Publish America, Persistence of Vision (fiction), 2010
- Publish America, Triumvirate (fiction), 2010
- Co-author, When Can, Should a Child be a Witness in Family Law, Los Angeles Daily Journal, Summary and analysis of statutory change to California Family Code Section 3042, 2013
- Speaker, 2010 World Peace Day, World Peacemakers - Belle S. Spafford
- Speaker, Fox News - Broadcast Interview, Child Support and County Enforcement, 2001
- Public Speaking Skills: Keys to Career Success in Law and Life, Mt. San Jacinto College Annual Public Speaking Competition, 2016
- Contributor, The State of Facebook and Family Law, The effect of Facebook postings on family law litigation, 2016
- Co-author, California Family Law, Playing in the Family Law Sandbox Together Nicely, Statutory sanctions and the effects of the California Guidelines of Civility and Professionalism on family law matters, 2016
- Brigham Young University, Bachelor of Arts, Major: Communication, 1982, 1982
- Juris Doctorate - Southwestern University School of Law, 1990
- In the state of California, child support is determined by a statutory formula. It’s pretty convoluted and so the courts all use computer programs that are designed to utilize the formula to identify the correct numbers. The numbers that the court uses in these programs consist of the parties’ relative incomes or earning capacity, the number of children, the percentage of time that each of the parents has the minor children, and a number of other factors that the court is required to look at. If you’re interested in finding out more about child support and how those income factors may affect your case, give us a call. We have 200 years of experience combined in litigating child support cases, and we’re here to help., How is child support determined?, Family Law, Child Support, 2019
- A prenuptial agreement is, in simplest terms, a contract between two parties who are contemplating getting married. It’s an agreement that can set out your rights and responsibilities in the event of a dissolution. It can be used to protect your separate property interests. A prenuptial agreement can also provide for spousal support in the event of a divorce, and it can do a number of things to define your rights and responsibilities during the marriage and in a post-separation or post-dissolution world for you. That’s why it’s very important that you retain an attorney who is experienced with prenuptial agreements and keeps up on the law. That’s something that we do here at Holstrom, Block & Parke., What is a prenuptial agreement?, Family Law, Prenuptial Agreement, 2019
Last Updated: 6/28/2022