V. Joshua Socks
Top rated Employment Litigation attorney in Corte Madera, CaliforniaCollier Law Firm, LLP
V. Joshua Socks is an attorney and shareholder at Collier Law Firm in Corte Madera, California. Mr. Socks concentrates his practice on employment law. He has experience with cases involving breach of contract, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour violations, whistleblower actions and wrongful termination. He is a strong negotiator and litigator and uses these skills to advocate for the best possible outcome for his clients.
Mr. Socks understands that a serious injury or workplace issue can have negative effects on all aspects of an individual’s life. He is committed to developing close, personal relationships with his clients and fighting for their right to compensation. He has been involved in several major cases resulting in substantial recoveries through settlement or litigation. Since forming his partnership with Dustin Collier in 2017, they have achieved over $63 million dollars in judgments and settlements for their clients.
Born and raised in the Midwest, Mr. Socks earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Minnesota and spent several years working in business before pursuing a legal career. He earned his law degree from the University of St. Thomas School of Law, graduating cum laude. While pursuing his law degree, Mr. Socks served as senior editor of the University of St. Thomas Law Journal and received various academic awards.
Following law school, Mr. Socks passed the California bar examination and obtained his license to practice law before all California state courts. He has been selected for numerous accolades in California. This includes Super Lawyers' Rising Stars for six consecutive years (2017-2022), which recognizes only 2.5 percent of attorneys in a state. He has also been selected to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40 for the last two years, which is a professional organization composed of the top trial lawyers from each state or region who are under the age of 40.
Practice areasEmployment Litigation: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Assault, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Employment Discrimination, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Retaliation, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Wrongful Termination
- 90% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2013, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: http://www.collierlawsf.com/find_us/joshua-socks/
- University of Minnesota with a B.A. in psychology
- $736,000 verdict in whistleblower retaliation case against The City of Long Beach, 2018
- $34,508,000 record setting verdict against workers’ compensation administrator for single plaintiff disability discrimination case in May 2022, Santa Cruz County., 2022
- Judgment in excess of $10,000,000.00, inclusive of costs, attorneys' fees, and penalties, against California State University (CSU), the largest four-year public university system in the United States., 2017
- Co-authored article aimed at improving advocates' performance in the courtroom., Co-author, Public Speaking and the Art of Persuasion, Plaintiff Magazine, Trial Practice, 2020
- The National Trial Lawyers is pleased to announce that V. Joshua Socks of Collier Law Firm has again been selected for inclusion into its Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in California, an honor given to only a select group of lawyers for their superior skills and qualifications in the field. Membership in this exclusive organization is by invitation only and is limited to the top 40 attorneys in each state or region who have demonstrated excellence and have achieved outstanding results in their careers in either civil plaintiff or criminal defense law. The National Trial Lawyers is a professional organization comprised of the premier trial lawyers from across the country who have demonstrated exceptional qualifications in criminal defense or civil plaintiff law. The National Trial Lawyers provides accreditation to these distinguished attorneys, and also provides essential legal news, information, and continuing education to trial lawyers across the United States. With the selection of V. Joshua Socks by The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40, he has shown that he exemplifies superior qualifications, leadership skills, and trial results as a trial lawyer. The selection process for this elite honor is based on a multi-phase process which includes peer nominations combined with third party research. As The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 is an essential source of networking and information for trial attorneys throughout the nation, the final result of the selection process is a credible and comprehensive list of the most outstanding trial lawyers chosen to represent their state or region. , Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in California, The National Trial Lawyers, 2022
- Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from a range of practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations, and peer evaluations. To be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less. While up to 5 percent of the lawyers in a state are named to Super Lawyers, no more than 2.5 percent are named to Rising Stars. , Northern California Rising Stars, Super Lawyers
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA) , 2015 to Present The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40, 2021 to Present Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), 2016 to Present, 2022
Office location for V. Joshua Socks
240 Tamal Vista Boulevard
Corte Madera, CA 94925
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2023