Daniel R. Gutenplan
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Costa Mesa, CA
My clients put their trust in me to find solutions to their most pressing obstacles so that they can increase their profitability and sleep better at night.
How my clients benefit:
- Outside general counsel services to guide corporate clients through their day-to-day transactional and governance needs
- Efficient and cost-effective resolution of "business divorce" issues and other pre-litigation disputes
- Innovative and aggressive strategy in the courtroom when litigation is unavoidable
Feel free to contact me at [email protected] or 714-292-0262
- Up-and-Coming 25: 2020 Orange County Rising Stars
- Up-and-Coming 100: 2019 Southern California Rising Stars
- Up-and-Coming 25: 2019 Orange County Rising Stars
- Up-and-Coming 25: 2018 Orange County Rising Stars
- Up-and-Coming 100: 2015 Southern California Rising Stars
- Up-and-Coming 25: 2015 Orange County Rising Stars
About Daniel R. Gutenplan
First Admitted: 2008, California
Professional Webpage: http://enensteinlaw.com/professional/daniel-r-gutenplan/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Alliance for Children's Rights -- assist with pro bono adoptions
- Toll Brothers
- AD/S Architectural Design & Signs, 2022
- Tribal Nutrition (proprietor of Ka'Chava), 2021
- Precision Aeropspace
- Ascent Manufacturing
- Manly Bands, 2021
- OSEA International (skincare company), 2021
- Pepperoni Brothers (owner of numerous restaurant franchises)
- Coastal Business Group (Telecom Company)
- Cesar Millan
- Getty Images
- Orange County Bar Association IP, Media, Entertainment Section
- Registered arbitrator before FINRA
- Orange County Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- California Court of Appeal Judicial Extern
- Moot Court Honors Program, UCLA School of Law
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship Recipient, UCLA School of Law
- UCLA Entertainment Law Review, UCLA School of Law
- Get My Client’s Content Off Your Website (Speaking Engagement) February 2012, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Contributor, Entertainment Litigation, Oxford University Press, 2011
- Obtained complete dismissal on summary judgment of multi-million dollar fraud, breach of contract claim on behalf of one of world's leading media companies. , 2016
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of Cesar Millan in dispute with former production partners. , 2021
- Obtained seven-figure settlement on behalf of former NHL player and Stanley Cup winner in real estate fraud matter.
- Obtained $500,000 settlement on behalf of former employee/owner of aerospace company. , 2020
- Obtained complete dismissal of employment class action against prominent restaurant franchise. , 2021
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of aerospace manufacturer of multi-million dollar employment class action involving hundreds of employee class members. , 2022
- Along with law firm partner, obtained complete defense victory and also obtained multimillion-dollar jury award, including punitive damages, on a counterclaim against plaintiffs on behalf of a subsidiary of a Swiss global engineering firm regarding purchase of business.
- Successfully defended prominent actress at trial against $10 million breach of contract claim.
- Successfully defended international film production company at arbitration against writer’s fraud and breach of contract claims.
- Represented insurance company in defending numerous bad faith actions.
- Filed successful anti-SLAPP motion leading to dismissal of malicious prosecution action as well as award of attorneys’ fees and costs for client.
- Obtained arbitration award on behalf of longtime manager of acclaimed entertainment figure in commission dispute.
- Obtained complete dismissal of multimillion-dollar breach of contract action against prominent entertainer on special motion to strike (anti-SLAPP).
- Along with co-counsel, obtained multimillion-dollar jury verdict on fraud claim arising out of $43 million sale of dialysis centers.
- Obtained complete defense verdict at trial on behalf of renowned celebrity in dispute concerning ownership of multimillion-dollar portrait.
- Obtained dismissal of multimillion-dollar fraud action on behalf of major insurance company.
- Represented creator of classic television program in partnership dispute concerning ownership of program.
- Licensed FINRA arbitrator, 2021
- Closed eight-figure restructuring of real estate portfolio. , 2021
- Closed eight-figure acquisition of restaurant franchises. , 2022
- Drafted and installed three separate ESOP/phantom stock plans on behalf of corporate clients. , 2021
Last Updated: 5/15/2022