Kyra E. Andrassy
Top Rated Bankruptcy Attorney in Costa Mesa, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2005 - 2008, 2010 - 2012
As a partner at Smiley Wang-Ekvall, LLP, Kyra E. Andrassy is committed to representing clients in Orange and Los Angeles counties, California. She focuses her practice on cases that involve commercial law and bankruptcy matters.
In 1995, Ms. Andrassy graduated with a degree in political science from the University of California, San Diego. She went on to earn a law degree in 1998 from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, where she received the American Jurisprudence Award for earning the highest grade in her legal writing course. She also served as an editor of the school's law review. She clerked for the Hon. John E. Ryan (ret.), United States Bankruptcy Judge and a member of the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel of the Ninth Circuit, from 1998 to 2000.
Filing for bankruptcy or reorganizing a business requires focused attention to every detail. People facing insolvency are often under significant stress and need the counsel of a trusted and compassionate professional. For more than a decade, Ms. Andrassy has been helping clients navigate the legalities associated with these processes. Whether she is negotiating behind closed doors or litigating in the courtroom, she explains each of the options a client has and the possible outcomes.
Listening to her clients' needs and concerns, Ms. Andrassy provides advice on the best course of action. She has successfully guided creditors, trustees and business entities through very complicated matters. Because of her commitment to her clients and her ability to achieve favorable results, Ms. Andrassy holds an Avvo "Superb" rating.
An active participant in the legal community, Ms. Andrassy is a director of the Southern California chapter of the International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation and the secretary of the Insolvency Law Committee of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of California. She is also a former president of the Orange County Bankruptcy Forum and an active member of a number of legal organizations.
*Ms. Andrassy is a debt relief agent. She helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
- 70%Bankruptcy: Business
- 30%Business Litigation
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2005 - 2008, 2010 - 2012
About Kyra E. Andrassy
First Admitted: 2000, California
Professional Webpage: http://swelawfirm.com/professionals/kyra-e-andrassy/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Director and Secretary, American Youth Soccer Organization Region 159
- Editor, the Loyola Law Review
- University of California at San Diego, undergraduate degree in Political Science, 1995
- American Jurisprudence Book Award in Legal Writing, Law School, 1998
- Southern California Rising Star in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011
- Super Lawyer by Los Angeles Magazine in 2012-2016
- Member of the Insolvency Law Committee of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of California, 2015
- Member, Board of Directors of the Orange County Bankruptcy Forum, 2006 through 2009
- Member, the Orange County Bar Association
- Program Chair, the Federal Bar Association's Bankruptcy Ethics Symposium, 2006
- Communications Director of the Southern California Chapter of the International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, 2016
- President, Orange County Bankruptcy Forum, 2009
- Member, the Federal Bar Association
- Member, the Advisory Board for the Federal Bar Association's Bankruptcy Ethics Symposium, 2004 and 2005
- Member of the Board of Directors and Secretary of AYSO Region 159
- Member, the Ninth Circuit Bankruptcy Appellate Panel
- Section Chair, Orange County Bar Association, Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section, 2004
- Program Chair, the Orange County Bar Association, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section, 2003
- Director, the California Bankruptcy Forum, 2008 ‑ 2010
- California Bankruptcy Forum
- International Women's Insolvency And Restructuring Confederation
- Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum
- OC Women Lawyer's Association
- Orange County Bankruptcy Forum
- The Federal Bar Association's Bankruptcy Ethics Symposium
- The Orange County Bankruptcy Forum
- The Orange County Bar Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022