Robert S. Marticello
Top rated bankruptcy attorney in Costa Mesa, CaliforniaSmiley Wang-Ekvall, LLP
Practice Areas: Bankruptcy, Business litigation; view more
Licensed in California since: 2006
Education: California Western School of Law
Smiley Wang-Ekvall, LLP3200 Park Center Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92626 Visit website
As a partner at Smiley Wang-Ekvall, LLP, Robert S. Marticello is dedicated to serving clients in Orange County and Los Angeles County, California. He focuses his practice on bankruptcy* and insolvency, generally handling cases involving Chapter 7 and 11 filings, bankruptcy avoidance actions, nondischargeability actions and business litigation matters.
Mr. Marticello was selected as an emerging leader by the American Bankruptcy Institute for its inaugural “40 Under 40″ award. The organization recognized him as one of the top insolvency professionals under the age of 40 in the United States. This is the second time in five years that Mr. Marticello has won a Top 40 award recognizing emerging talent. In 2012, he was selected to participate in the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges’ Next Generation Program, which is designed for 40 “up and coming” bankruptcy attorneys in the country.
Mr. Marticello earned a Bachelor of Science in psychology from California State University, Chico before going on to attend the California Western School of Law, from which he graduated magna cum laude with a Juris Doctor in 2005. While attending law school, Mr. Marticello was a member of the school's law review.
Serving as the law clerk for a number of judges for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, Mr. Marticello gained valuable knowledge about the bankruptcy process and system. He draws on this experience to help obtain favorable resolutions to his clients' legal issues.
Mr. Marticello understands that there is not a one-size-fits-all solution for business and bankruptcy-related matters. He emphasizes meeting his clients' short- and long-term needs. Mr. Marticello listens to his clients' goals and offers them customized, compassionate guidance. His dedication has earned Mr. Marticello an Avvo "Superb" rating.
Staying active in the legal community is a priority for Mr. Marticello. He served as the California Bankruptcy Forum's president, and he previously served as director and president of the Orange County Bankruptcy Forum.
*Mr. Marticello is a debt relief agent. He helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
Practice areasBankruptcy: business, Business litigation
- 70% Bankruptcy: business
- 30% Business litigation
First Admitted: 2006, California
Professional Webpage: http://swelawfirm.com/professionals/robert-s-marticello/
- President, Orange County Bankruptcy Forum, 2010-2011
- Secretary, California Bankruptcy Forum, 2013
- Director, Orange County Bankruptcy Forum, 2008-2011
- President, California Bankruptcy Forum, 2015
- Co-Chair, Turnaround Management Association Western Regional Conference, 2013
- Treasurer, California Bankruptcy Forum, 2012
- Vice President, California Bankruptcy Forum
- Member, California Western Law Review, Californian Western School of Law
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" in Super Lawyers Magazine
- California State University
- Lead attorney for debtor-in-possession and "first-chaired" week-long contested chapter 11 plan confirmation trial, 2012-2013
- Selected to participate in the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges' Next Generation Program
- Author, Sports Team Bankruptcies: Home Runs or Strikeouts, Los Angeles Daily Journal, 2011
- MCLE Program, Speaker, Rules of the Game: Sports Teams in Bankruptcy, Peter Elliot Inn Of Court, 2011
- Speaker, Chapter 11 Recent Developments, OCBA Commercial Law And Bankruptcy, 2014
- Confirmed Chapter 11 Plan, on behalf of Chapter 11 Trustee, in LBREP/L-SunCal Master I, LLC, et al., which involved the sale of real property for $71 million., 2011
- Confirmed Chapter 11 Plan proposing to pay crediors in full, on behalf of the Committee of Creditors Holding Unsecured Claims, in the case of East Coast Foods, Inc., which owns and operates Roscoe's Chicken 'N' Waffles restuarants., 2018
- Confirmed Chapter 11 Plan, on behalf of the debtor-in-possession, in Bethany Holdings Austin Apartments, LLC, et al., 2010
Office location for Robert S. Marticello
3200 Park Center Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2012, 2014 - 2018