Top rated intellectual property attorney in Costa Mesa, CaliforniaManning & Kass, Ellrod, Ramirez, Trester LLP
Practice Areas: Intellectual property; view more
Licensed in California since: 2001
Education: Loyola Law School Los Angeles
Manning & Kass, Ellrod, Ramirez, Trester LLP695 Town Center Dr
Costa Mesa, CA 92626 Visit website
Roland Tong is an attorney at Manning & Kass, Ellrod, Ramirez, Trester LLP in Costa Mesa, California. Mr. Tong works with all types of intellectual property issues, including patent, trademark, copyright and trade dress, as well as business litigation, commercial litigation, and science and technology law. He represents clients in Los Angeles, Long Beach, Riverside, San Bernardino and San Diego and throughout Orange County.
Mr. Tong has over 20 years of experience litigating and advising clients on intellectual property law issues. Over his time in practice, he has worked as an in-house intellectual property attorney and general counsel for various organizations, serving clients in many different industries. Prior to joining Manning & Kass, Ellrod, Ramirez, Trester LLP, he spent four years as a patent attorney with two other private firms.
Recognized for his knowledge and experience in intellectual property, Mr. Tong has written and published articles about intellectual property issues for a variety of professional publications, and has lectured at the continuing legal education events.
Staying involved in his legal community is important to Mr. Tong. He is a member of the Filipino-American Lawyers of Orange County.
Mr. Tong earned a bachelor’s degree from Loyola Marymount University and received his law degree from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles. Additionally, he is a registered patent attorney by the United States Patent and Trademark Office. He holds licenses to practice law in California and Nevada, including all state and federal district courts.
Practice areasIntellectual property
Copyrights, Patents, Trademarks, Intellectual property law
- 100% Intellectual property
First Admitted: 2001, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.rtlawoffices.com/attorney/roland-j-tong/
- Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California, BS Biochemistry, 1995
- Registered Patent Attorney, US Patent and Trademark Office, 2000
- Represented a subsidiary of a large multinational chemical company in building its IP portfolio by regularly conducting brainstorming sessions with inventors and obtaining patents for their inventions; designed and implemented its IP review systems so that IP infringement risks are minimized; prepared various types of IP agreements to protect its IP.
- Central District of California
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2001
- Southern District of California
- District Court of Nevada
- Admitted to practice law in California, 2001
- Northern District of California
- Judge Paul R. Michel American IP Inn of the Court, Member
- Admitted to practice law in Nevada, 2001
- Eastern District of California
- Orange County Patent Law Association, Member
- Appointed as staffwriter for the law review., Staff Writer, Loyola of Los Angeles Entertainment Law Review, 2000
- First Honors in Patent Prosecution , 2011 - Present
- Awarded for achieving the highest grade in Patent Prosecution class., First Honors Award in Patent Prosecution, Loyola Law School of Los Angeles, 2000
- Rising Star, Southern California Super Lawyers, Intellectual Property, 2011 - 2014
- The article discusses the current state of the Patent Exhaustion Doctrine after the Supreme Court decision in Quanta Computer, Inc. v. LG Electronics, Inc. The article also discusses a related patent doctrine of Permissible Repair., Author, Patent Exhaustion and Permissible Repair, New Matter Vol. 34, no. 4 California Bar IP Section, 2009
- Provided a recap of Federal Circuit Court of Appeals Patent Decisions for 2009, Speaker, Federal Circuit Court of Appeals Patent Decisions for 2009, Dunes CLE, 2009
- Provided a recap of Federal Circuit Court of Appeals Patent Decisions for 2009, Speaker, Federal Circuit Court of Appeals Patent Decisions for 2009, Orange County Patent Law Association, 2009
- Current Trends of Recharger Patent Litigation , Asia Imaging Fair, 2012 - Present
- Golf Equipment
- Medical Devices
- Printer Cartridge Remanufacturing
Office location for Roland Tong
695 Town Center Dr
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2014