Robert F. Keehn
Top rated Insurance Coverage attorney in Culver City, CaliforniaLaw Office of Robert F. Keehn
Practice Areas: Insurance Coverage; view more
Licensed in California since: 1984
The founder of his eponymous law firm, Robert F. Keehn focuses his practice exclusively on insurance coverage matters, with a heavy emphasis on employee benefits governed by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974. He is located in Culver City, California, and he represents people in Los Angeles, Orange and San Diego counties, and other parts of the state. Mr. Keehn is admitted to practice in California as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Central, Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of California.
Prior to opening his practice in 2007, Mr. Keehn was a partner at an insurance defense law firm, and he uses that experience to anticipate the types of tactics that insurance companies often utilize when they are delaying or denying the payment of claims. A significant portion of his current caseload involves employees who have filed claims pursuant to disability coverage provided by their employers. These claims have been based on post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, fibromyalgia, anxiety and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other debilitating conditions, and Mr. Keehn’s clients have benefitted from his enviable record of success in administrative appeals as well as in federal courtrooms. He often relies on documentation provided by rehabilitation therapists and mental health professionals to strengthen his clients’ cases.
In addition to his ERISA claims practice, Mr. Keehn has extensive experience in other types of insurance matters, including successfully handling claims that have been denied in bad faith involving homeowners, life, accidental death, property, private disability and health insurance policies. He is a graduate of the University of California, Los Angeles, and he obtained his legal education at the University of Southern California Gould School of Law.
Practice areasInsurance Coverage
Bad Faith Insurance, Insurance, Insurance Defense
- 100% Insurance Coverage
First Admitted: 1984, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.rfk-law.com/attorney/robert-f-keehn/
- University of California, Los Angeles, California, B.A., 1981
- State Bar of California, Member, 1984
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member, 1984
- American Bar Association, Member, Tort and Insurance Practice Sections, 2018
- Insurance and employee benefits laws pose many complex issues. This is particularly true of litigation involving employee benefit claims covered by the Employment Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).Robert F. Keehn is a veteran attorney who has successfully handled cases in these areas for more than a quarter-century. As a former insurance defense attorney, he is well-versed in industry trends and practices. In recent years, he has used his extensive knowledge of insurance and employee benefits issues to help people whose insurance claims have been wrongly denied., Get to Know Robert Keehn, Insurance Law, 2018
Office location for Robert F. Keehn
400 Corporate Pointe
Culver City, CA 90230
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2013, 2019 - 2024