Daniel T. Quane
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Danville, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2015 - 2016
Daniel T. Quane manages Doyle Quane's Trusts and Estates practice. Dan is a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trusts and Probate Law and has advanced legal degrees in Taxation (LL.M.) and Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law (LL.M.).
Dan has experience guiding families through the complex legal process required upon death in the most efficient manner possible, whether it is through trust administration or the probate process. He also enjoys the often unique task of working with blended families through the use of marital agreements in conjunction with estate planning in order to ensure that both parties' children are treated as intended.
- Reduction of the Taxable Estate with GRATs (2020) - An overview of the Grantor Retained Annuity Trust.
- Portability of the Estate and Gift Tax Exemption (2018) - This article explains the benefits of portability of the estate tax exemption between spouses.
- Proper Entity Choice for a Small Business in California (2018) - A summary and analysis of the proper entity choice for small businesses in California.
- Reducing the Taxable Estate with Qualified Personal Residence Trusts (QPRTs) (2018) - An overview of the benefits of Qualified Personal Residence Trusts.
- Reducing the Taxable Estate with Family Limited Partnerships (2016) - An introduction to the Family Limited Partnership.
- Utilizing Fractional Share Discounts to Reduce the Taxable Estate (2016) - This article explores simple techniques to receive valuation discounts without complex trusts.
- The Attorney's Duty to Asses Competency (2015) - This article is an analysis of the attorney's duty to assess a client's competency.
Certificates and Credentials
- California Board of Legal Specialization
Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law
About Daniel T. Quane
First Admitted: 2006, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.doylequane.com/attorney/quane-daniel-t-esq/
- The Order of the Coif is a national honor society for law school graduates who attended member schools. Each year it extends invitations to the top 10%, Order of the Coif, McGeorge School of Law, 2006
- Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trusts and Probate Law by the State Bar of California, 2016
- Golden Gate University School of Law Master of Laws in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law with Honors, 2019
- Golden Gate University School of Law- Master of Laws in Taxation with Honors, 2011
- University of the Pacific- McGeorge School of Law, Juris Doctor with Distinction , 2006
- Contra Costa Bar Association Trusts and Estates, 2020
- I presented to Cal CPA on the topic of the intersection of estate planning and divorce., Speaker, Intersection of Estate Planning and Divorce, Cal CPA, Accounting And Legal, 2022
Last Updated: 5/15/2022