Loren L. Barr
Top rated estate & trust litigation attorney in Danville, CaliforniaBarr & Young Attorneys
Loren Barr specializes in estate and trust litigation, estate planning, and trust and estate administration. He has represented hundreds of clients in estate, trust, and elder abuse cases, and has extensive experience drafting and administering wills and trusts. He has been certified by the California State Bar of Legal Specialization as a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law since 2004 and has served as an expert witness in elder abuse and trust cases. Loren has been recognized as a Northern California “Super Lawyer” every year since 2008.
Loren grew up in Lafayette, California and graduated from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo in 1988. After college, he served on active duty in the United States Marine Corps from 1989 to 1993. He attended law school at Santa Clara University, where he served as Managing Editor of the Santa Clara Law Review. Loren worked at the San Francisco office of Pillsbury Madison & Sutro (now Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP) before joining his father, Edward Barr, in forming Barr & Barr Attorneys in 1998.
If Loren isn’t working, he’s usually spending time with his wife, children, and parents. He enjoys reading, Giants baseball, and college football.
Loren lives in Alamo, California with his wife and five children.
Practice areasEstate & trust litigation, Estate planning & probate, Elder law
Will contests, Estate planning, Guardianships & conservatorships, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
- 70% Estate & trust litigation
- 20% Estate planning & probate
- 10% Elder law
First Admitted: 1996, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.barrattorneys.com/professionals/loren-barr/
- The State Bar of California
- East Bay Trusts & Estates Lawyers
- Estate Planning Council of Diablo Valley
- Contra Costa County Bar Association
- “The White-Collar Abuser,” Contra Costa Lawyer, February 2010
- “Whittlesey v. Aiello—Attorney Fees In Trust Litigation—An Analysis Of Whittlesey And Its Use By Practitioners,”Contra Costa Lawyer,December 2008
- Northern California “Super Lawyer” every year since 2008
- California State Bar of Legal Specialization as a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law since 2004
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, Bachelor of Arts in History, 1988
Office location for Loren L. Barr
318-C Diablo Road
Danville, CA 94526
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2023