Top rated Tax attorney in El Cerrito, CaliforniaHoush Tax Law
Practice Areas: Tax, Business & Corporate; view more
Licensed in California since: 2017
Education: Golden Gate University School of Law
Chris Housh represents clients in San Francisco and Oakland, California, in a variety of legal issues. These include sales tax audits, appeals and litigation for the state of California, corporate revivors, corporate entity formation and dissolution, entity formalities, penalty abatement and mitigation, tax lien subordination, offers in compromise, state and local tax disputes, payroll and employment tax matters, tax debt resolution and collection, and tax levy release and modification.
Admitted to practice in the state of California, Mr. Housh earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Webster University before pursuing a law degree. He then attended the Golden Gate University School of Law, where he earned his Juris Doctor degree.
He is a member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents, the California Society of Enrolled Agents and the American Bar Association, and he is currently the three-term president of the Golden Gate Society of Enrolled Agents (after previously service as vice-presidnet and board director). The United States Department of the Treasury authorized Mr. Housh to practice before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Mr. Housh is also admitted to practice before a long list of federal courts. These include the United States Court of Federal Claims; the United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit; the United States District Courts for the District of Nevada and the Southern, Central, Eastern and Northern Districts of California; and the United States Tax Court.
I strategically represent individuals' & businesses' tax matters in the Bay Area successfully tailored to their specific needs.
Practice areasTax: Business, Tax: Consumer, Business/Corporate, General Litigation
Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations
- 40% Tax: Business
- 30% Tax: Consumer
- 20% Business/Corporate
- 10% General Litigation
First Admitted: 2017, California
Professional Webpage: https://moskowitzllp.com/professionals/chris-housh/
- Presenter, State and Local Tax Compliance Issues, and Winding Down Business Considerations, Golden Gate University, School of Law, September 2021
- Independent Contractors v. Employee: Update on IRS 1099 Reporting, Lorman Education, November 2012
- Sales and Use Tax for Manufactures in California, Lorman Education, San Francisco, Dec. 2013
- Presenter, IRS Collections Work: Some Interesting Observations, GGSEA Monthly Meeting, August 2018; Napa-Sonoma Society of Enrolled Agents Monthly Meeting November 2018
- President, Golden Gate Society of Enrolled Agents (2020 to present)
- Director of Golden Gate Society of Enrolled Agents (2013-2015, 2017-2018)
- Vice President, Golden Gate Society of Enrolled Agents (2018-2020)
- National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA), Member
- California Association of Enrolled Agents (CSEA), Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Barristers Association of San Francisco, Member
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court — District of Nevada (pro hac vice)
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court – Central District of California
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of California
- U.S. Tax Court
- Webster University, B.A.
Office location for Chris Housh
El Cerrito, CA 94530
- Rising Stars: 2022 - 2023