Top rated criminal defense attorney in El Segundo, CaliforniaSaros Law APC
Practice Areas: Criminal defense; view more
Licensed in California since: 1996
Education: Southwestern Law School
Saros Law APC360 N Pacific Coast Hwy
El Segundo, CA 90245 Visit website
Attorney Alison Saros is the founder and owner of Saros Law, APC, in El Segundo, California. A top-ranked trial lawyer with more than 25 years of total legal experience, Ms. Saros provides exceptional counsel and support to clients throughout Los Angeles County and beyond who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Criminal Defense
· Sex crimes
· Expungements and Sealings
· Drug and alcohol crimes
· Mental health diversion
· DUI defense
· Education discipline
· Fake ID and Minor In Possession
· Assault and Battery
· Theft Crimes and Shoplifting
· Robbery and Burglary
· Domestic Violence
A former prosecutor and Deputy District Attorney with Los Angeles County, Ms. Saros has invaluable insight into the criminal justice system, which enables her to devise the most effective defense strategies possible for the accused. Also a licensed counselor, Ms. Saros is a zealous and knowledgeable advocate helping those in the criminal justice system find support for mental health, drug and alcohol related issues through diversion programs and other restorative justice options necessary to help her clients and obtain favorable outcome has a unique ability to understand the psychological and behavioral reasons why individuals and juveniles make questionable decisions that lead to trouble.
Honored for her impeccable professionalism and outstanding client service, Ms. Saros has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with designation from Expertise as being among the Best Criminal Defense Lawyers in Manhattan Beach. She has also received Superb client ratings on Avvo as well as many testimonials and referrals from those she has served.
A graduate of Michigan State University, Ms. Saros received her master's degree in school counseling from Loyola Marymount University. She obtained her Juris Doctor from Southwestern University School of Law in 1996, and she is an active member of the Santa Monica Bar Association, the South Bay Bar Association, the Los Angeles County Bar Association, California Attorneys for Criminal Justice and the National Criminal Justice Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal defense
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Prosecution, Sex offenses, Theft, Criminal domestic violence
- 100% Criminal defense
First Admitted: 1996, California
Professional Webpage: https://saroslaw.com/alisonsaros/
- Licensed School Counselor, Pupil Personel Services Credential
- California Career Technical Educator Teaching Credentials (2014-17)
- California Substitute Teach Credential (2013-18)
- California Licensed Real Estate Broker (2006-2010)
- 1997-2013 Deputy District Attorney 75 jury and bench trials; 800 preliminary hearings; filing determination for over 10,000 criminal cases; Felony Settlement Deputy District Attorney resolved over 5000 felony matters prior to preliminary hearing.
- 13 year old female student facing expulsion from middle school for discussing school shooting. Principal and Attorney for School District insisted on expulsion despite no other disciplinary history. Expulsion hearing conducted with live witnesses and request for expulsion rejected by expulsion panel finding that District did not comply with appropriate Education Code requirements and that expulsion was disproportionate punishment for alleged actions. , 2019
- Awarded to the Top 100 Criminal Defense Trial Lawyer in California, National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 (2018-present), The National Trial Lawyers
- Top ranking out of 62 Criminal Defense Attorneys in Redondo Beach, Top 13 Criminal Defense Attorney in Redondo Beach (2020-present), Expertise.com
- Special Olympics Volunteer (2014-2020)
- Volunteer, Richstone Family Center, (2013-present) Non-profit dedicated to treating and preventing child abuse and trauma by providing support services and after-school programs for youth.
- Volunteer, 1736 Family Crisis Center, (2014-present). Shelter for homeless youth and domestic violence victims.
- Volunteer, Shared Bread, (2014-present). Non-profit community project providing sit-down meals, clothing and supplies for the homeless and those in need.
- Adjunct Law Professor, Southwestern Law School (2008-14)
- Board Member of California Association for Criminal Justice working to advance restorative justice legislation, educate other members of criminal defense bar and work to reduce discrimination and promote equity and due process.
- California District Attorneys Association (2000-2013)
- Association of Deputy District Attorneys (2000-2013)
- (2019-present) Training and Education Seminars for Addiction and Mental Health Residential Treatment Facilities
- MCLE Training Instructor for National Business Institute- Special Education and 504 Advocacy, School Discipline.
- Chair, South Bay Student Attendance Review Board (SARB)
- Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates (COPAA)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- South Bay Bar Association
- Santa Monica Bar Association South Bay Bar Association
- MCLE Professor, Thompson Reuters, West Publishing (2009-11)
- Masters of Education, School Counseling , Loyola Marymount University - Los Angeles, 2017
- J.D., Southwestern Law School, 1996
- Bachelor of Arts, Social Science, Michigan State University - Major in Psychology; Minors in Spanish and Economics , 1992
- Spoke at Continuing Education Seminar to Attorneys and School Administrators., Speaker, 504 Plan Eligibility and Accommodation Best Practices, National Business Institute. Special Education Law: The Ultimate Guide, 2018
- Authored section of "Special Education Law: The Ultimate Guide" for the National Business Institute., Author, National Business Institute. Special Education Law: The Ultimate Guide, 2018
- 2019-2021 Young adult high school student falsely accused and arrested for child molestation for making out with another high school student at school. DA rejected case but police department refused to acknowledge illegal arrest and detention. Petition for Factual Innocence granted by the Court resulting in an order requiring police and DOJ to destroy all related records. , 2021
- 2019-2021 Client charged with indecent exposure. He was highly intoxicated at the time. DA was insisting on plea to sex registration. Assisted client in obtaining appropriate wrap-around mental health services and assessments. Following presentation of mental health information to DA's Office and Court, case resolved for non-registrable misdemeanor offense. Client able to continue employment. , 2021
- 2019-2020 Client arrested for felony assault causing great bodily injury. Facing 7 years in prison and a strike. Pled to misdemeanor assault for community service and restitution. , 2019
- 2019-2021 Client Police Officer while highly intoxicated discharged firearm in public place. Charged with felony. Treatment immediately obtained, Mental Health Diversion granted and case dismissed in its entirely restoring all rights to firearm use and saving officer's job. , 2021
- addiction treatment facilities
- mental health programs
- Union Workers
Office location for Alison Saros
360 N Pacific Coast Hwy
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023