Amber N. Morton
Top rated estate & trust litigation attorney in El Segundo, CaliforniaCarico Macdonald Kil & Benz LLP
Practice Areas: Estate & trust litigation; view more
Licensed in California since: 2012
Amber Morton is an experienced litigator practicing in the firm’s trust and estate litigation group. She represents trustees, executors, conservators, agents, heirs, beneficiaries and other interested parties in probate court actions and related civil actions. For firm clients, Ms. Morton defends and prosecutes simple and complex litigation matters, including trust and will contests, breach of fiduciary duty and financial elder abuse actions, Probate Code section 850 actions, contested accountings, and fiduciary removal actions.
Prior to joining Carico Macdonald Kil & Benz LLP, Ms. Morton represented public and private entities in employment-related litigation in state and federal courts. Ms. Morton regularly obtained favorable outcomes for clients through informal settlement, arbitration proceedings, and dismissals through summary judgment.
Ms. Morton is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in California and is also a graduate of the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Trial Advocacy Project.
Ms. Morton received her B.S. in Foreign Service from Georgetown University and her J.D. from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law where she was a staff member and editor of the University of Southern California Review of Law and Social Justice. While in law school, Ms. Morton served as a law clerk to the Los Angeles County Public Defender’s Office and as a judicial extern to the Honorable Stephen Reinhardt of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Practice areasEstate & trust litigation
- 100% Estate & trust litigation
First Admitted: 2012, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.caricofirm.com/professionals/amber-n-morton
- SuperLawyers® - Rising Star 2020
- Superlawyers® - Rising Star 2021
- Employment Law Update, Tri-Counties Local Government Associate Luncheon, 2016
- Conducting Workplace Investigations, PELRAC Annual Conference, Co-Presenter, 2015
- 2016 Legal Trends, Contributing Author, 2016 Legal Trends, 2015
- Answers to Common Employer Questions About Transgender Employees, Co-Author, https://www.cjpia.org/news/newsletter/newsletter-article/2016/05/25/may-2016---issue-51#three, The Authority / California Joint Powers Insurance Authority, 2016
- Transgender Employees’ Access to Restrooms in the Workplace, Author , 23 Employment Law Strategist 3, 2015
- American Bar Association
- Ms. Morton received her B.S. in International Culture and Politics and a Certificate in International Development from Georgetown University. She obtained her J.D. from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law where she served as editor of USC’s Review of Law and Social Justice.
Office location for Amber N. Morton
841 Apollo Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Super Lawyers: 2023
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2022