Bruce M. Macdonald
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in El Segundo, CaliforniaCarico Macdonald Kil & Benz LLP
Practice Areas: Estate planning & probate, Tax; view more
Licensed in California since: 2002
Education: Loyola Law School Los Angeles
Carico Macdonald Kil & Benz LLP841 Apollo Street
El Segundo, CA 90245 Visit website
Bruce M. Macdonald is a partner at Carico Macdonald Kil & Benz LLP. Located in El Segundo, California, he focuses his practice on trust and estate planning and administration, federal and state tax planning, and related litigation. Representing clients in Los Angeles County and throughout the state, Mr. Macdonald has been certified as a specialist in both tax law and estate planning, and trust and probate law by the Board of Legal Specialization of The State Bar of California. Admitted to practice before all California state courts since 2001, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
Mr. Macdonald regularly prepares and reviews wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, financial and health care powers of attorney, and advance medical directives. His tax planning practice encompasses income, gift, estate and generation-skipping strategies, keeping up to date with changes in laws and regulations. In his estate administration practice, Mr. Macdonald reviews fiduciary accountings, prepares final federal and state tax returns, and works with trustees and executors in order to ensure that the proceeds of the estate are distributed properly in accordance with the decedent's wishes after all creditors have been paid. His experience has also included trust and estate litigation, including will contests, conservatorships and guardianships.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Macdonald attended the University of California, Los Angeles, and he received a Bachelor of Arts in both political science and history in 1997. His legal education came at Loyola Law School, part of Loyola Marymount University, and he obtained both a Juris Doctor and an LL.M. in taxation from that institution. Mr. Macdonald served as general counsel for a local company before entering private practice.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Tax: consumer
Estate planning, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills, Tax law
- 80% Estate planning & probate
- 20% Tax: consumer
First Admitted: 2002, California
Professional Webpage: https://caricofirm.com/professionals/bruce-m-macdonald
- Southern California Super Lawyers®, Estate Planning & Probate, 2020
- Southern California Super Lawyers®, Estate Planning & Probate, 2021
- Southern California Super Lawyers®, Estate Planning & Probate, 2019
- Bruce Macdonald graduated from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles with honors where he earned his J.D. and LL.M. in Taxation. He also received a B.A. in Political Science and History from the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Certified Specialist - Taxation Law The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization Master of Laws, Taxation
- Certified Specialist - Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law
- Estate Planning
- Trust & Estate Litigation
- Trust & Probate Administration
Office location for Bruce M. Macdonald
841 Apollo Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023
Certificates and credentials
Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law