James J. Orland
Top rated Construction Litigation attorney in El Segundo, CaliforniaOrland Law Group, APC
James J. Orland is a founding partner at Orland Law Group APC in El Segundo, California. He concentrates his practice on areas relating to construction law, general liability, business disputes, personal injury, products liability, insurance defense, wrongful death and inverse condemnation, and focuses on clients in Los Angeles County and the surrounding areas.
Advocating on behalf of contractors, engineers and several subcontractors, Mr. Orland has represented numerous cases and successfully handled complex claims with ease. As per his colleagues’ descriptions, he is an articulate and detail-oriented attorney with a personable character who is always thoroughly read on his cases.
With a major in political science and Spanish from the College of the Holy Cross in 1989, Mr. Orland graduated from the Loyola Law School in Los Angeles with a Juris Doctor in 1992. He is admitted to practice in California (1992), Utah and the United States Court of Federal Claims.
Mr. Orland holds memberships in the American Board of Trial Advocates, the Los Angeles County Bar Association, the Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, the South Bay Bar Association, the Themis Advocates Group, the Claims and Litigation Management (CLM) Alliance, and the American Bar Association. He also regularly conducts and participates in seminars on current topics related to his area of practice.
With more than two decades of experience in the legal arena, Mr. Orland has been the chair and moderator of many conferences of international relevance in the field of civil litigation and construction defect. These include the CLM Annual Conference and the Perrin National Construction Defect Conference, which are attended by eminent personalities in the legal profession from across the nation.
Practice areasConstruction Litigation: Business, Personal Injury - General: Defense, Business Litigation
Construction Defects, Personal Injury - Defense
- 50% Construction Litigation: Business
- 30% Personal Injury - General: Defense
- 20% Business Litigation
First Admitted: 1992, California
Professional Webpage: http://orlandlawgroup.com/jim-orland/
- Prepare Contracts for General Contractors and Developers
- Legal Grind
- Loyola Law School, 1992
- College of the Holy Cross, 1989
- Loyola High School, 1985
- State Bar of California , 1992
- State Bar of Utah, 2016
- Themis Advocates Group
- Association of Southern California Defense Lawyers
- United States Court of Federal Claims, 2006
- Jim Orland, principal in a Southern California law firm discusses the unique opportunities provided by attending the 18th annual West Coast Casualty Seminar. Orland explains the challenges facing the sub-contractors in today's evolving construction defect market., West Coast Casualty Seminar Interview, 2011
Office location for James J. Orland
2155 Campus Drive
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2024