Top Rated Land Use & Zoning Attorney in El Segundo, CA
Todd Elliott’s practice focuses on land use, real property law and land use litigation. He has extensive experience in securing planning, zoning, environmental and other project entitlements. His expertise includes due diligence research, site acquisition negotiations and providing advice on project approval feasibility. He often supervises the entire entitlement process, including oversight of project teams of architects, designers, planners, brokers and political consultants. Additionally, he advises clients on issues pertaining to community outreach and political relations. His clients include landowners, developers and builders in the commercial, residential and hotel development industries, corporations, partnerships and Real Estate Investment Trusts.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Elliott attended the University of California, Los Angeles, where he earned his B.A. magna cum laude and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. At Loyola Law School Los Angeles, he earned his J.D. and was named a Hagman Conference Scholar. He subsequently taught at Loyola as an adjunct professor. He laid the foundation for his legal career as a judicial extern for Presiding Justice Candace D. Cooper (Ret.) of California's 2nd District Court of Appeal in Los Angeles.
Before joining the bar, Mr. Elliott was the CEO of a prominent real estate and land use consulting company in Los Angeles. He was appointed to the City of West Hollywood Business License Commission and was elected to the city's Redevelopment Agency. He has served on the elected boards of the West Hollywood Community Housing Corporation and the West Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, and he was elected to the Chamber’s Board of Governors since 2011. In 2012, the Chamber honored him with its Creative Community Service Award.
Fluent in three languages, Mr. Elliott is admitted to practice in California. He belongs to several professional organizations, including the American Bar Association, the American Planning Association, the Beverly Hills Bar Association and the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
About Todd Elliott
First Admitted: 2003, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.trumanelliott.com/8.html
- Adjunct Professor, Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
- Mr. Elliott has studied European Union Law at the University of Amsterdam. His work involves research into War Crimes prosecuted at the Hague as well as International Equal Protection rights reviewed by the European Court of Justice in Luxemburg.
- Mr. Elliott has also studied International comparative litigation at the University of Bologna, Italy.
- Mr. Elliott has defended complex litigation involving 21 defendants (all liquor licensed establishments) accused of gender discrimination by holding “Ladies Nights” events. The lead case, Angellucci v. Century Supper Club, (Case No. S136154 was settled in May 31, 2007 by the California Supreme Court. Mr. Elliott succeeded in settling the causes of action against his client in the pre-trial stages of litigation.
- Save Tara v. City of West Hollywood, (2008) 45 Cal.4th 116 Calif. Supreme Court, Amici Curiae for Housing California and Southern California Association of Nonprofit Housing.
- in Brown v. Orozco, (Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. 07U13871) by filing a motion to dismiss under California’s Anti-SLAPP law (preventing Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation, he not only achieved victory, but was also awarded Attorneys fees.
- Member, American Bar Association
- American Planning Association (APA)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- University of California, Los Angeles, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, B.A.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Elected Board of The West Hollywood Community Housing Corporation, 2003 - 2012
- California Licensed Real Estate Broker, 1984 - Present
- Appointed Official: City of West Hollywood Business Licenese Commission, 1990 - 1994
- Elected Official: City of West Hollywood Redevelopment Agency, 1996 - 2004
- Elected Board of the West Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, 2003 - 2011
- Elected to West Hollywood Chamber Board of Governors, 2011
- Licenesed Broker California Department of Real Estate
- Creative Community Service Award , West Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, 2012
- Loyola Law School, Donald Hagman Land Use Scholar
Last Updated: 5/15/2022