William G. Benz
Top rated Estate & Trust Litigation attorney in El Segundo, CaliforniaCarico Glowacki Macdonald Kil & Benz LLP
William G. Benz is a seasoned litigator in the firm’s trust and estate litigation and business transactions departments. He assists a broad array of clients, ranging from private professional fiduciaries to privately-owned companies.
Mr. Benz represents both beneficiaries and fiduciaries in complex probate court matters – including family-member, paid professional, and public fiduciaries. Due to his background in business and corporate law, Mr. Benz brings to bear a unique set of tools that aids him in trust and estate disputes involving intricate layered corporate entities. He also helps his clients in cases of financial elder abuse, fiduciary surcharge and removal, and Probate Code section 850 petitions to recover trust property.
Mr. Benz is also experienced in forming businesses and ventures, including limited liability companies, S-Corporations, C-Corporations, and the transition or sale of existing businesses.
Practice areasEstate & Trust Litigation
- 100% Estate & Trust Litigation
First Admitted: 2008, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.caricofirm.com/professionals/william-g-benz
- Presenter, Public Employer Labor Relations Association of California (PERLAC).
- Save the Plastic Bag Coalition v. City of Manhattan Beach
- Morgan v. Superior Court, 2019
- California Teamsters, Local 911 v. City of Redondo Beach (PERB Order No. AD-413-M),on behalf of the City of Redondo Beach
- Redondo Beach Police Officers Association (Police Management Unit) v. City of Redondo Beach (PERB Order No. Ad-409-M) (2014), on behalf of the City of Redondo Beach
- Hendricks v. City of Redondo Beach
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- University of California, San Diego, B.A. in Political Science – Public Law
- , Best Lawyers In America, Litigation - Trusts & Estates, U.S. News & World Reports/Best Lawyers In America, 2021
- , Best Lawyers In America, Litigation - Trusts & Estates, U.S. News & World Reports/Best Lawyers In America, 2022
- , Best Lawyers In America, Litigation - Trusts & Estates, U.S. News & World Reports/Best Lawyers In America, 2020
- SuperLawyers® - Rising Star 2018, SuperLawyers®, 2018
- SuperLawyers® - Rising Star 2017, SuperLawyers®, 2017
- SuperLawyers® - Rising Star 2016, SuperLawyers®, 2016
- U.C. Davis Business Law Journal, Senior Editor, University of California Davis School of Law
- BV Distinguished® rating by Martindale-Hubbell
Office location for William G. Benz
841 Apollo Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Super Lawyers: 2024
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2018, 2022 - 2023