Michael D. Padilla
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Encinitas, CaliforniaPadilla Law Group, LLP
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Products Liability; view more
Licensed in California since: 1975
Education: University of San Diego School of Law
Padilla Law Group, LLP320 Encinitas Blvd
Encinitas, CA 92024 Visit website
A founding partner of The Padilla Law Group, LLP Attorneys at Law, located in Encinitas, California, Michael D. Padilla provides representation to clients throughout San Diego, Imperial and Riverside counties. He focuses his practice on plaintiff's personal injury litigation, with representative matters including motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, construction accidents, defective medical products and wrongful death.
Mr. Padilla received a Bachelor of Arts from San Diego State University in 1972. He then went on to attend the University of San Diego School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1975. After graduation, Mr. Padilla spent nine years in the civil litigation department of a well-known San Diego law firm. He was then a partner at another area firm where he handled plaintiff's personal injury cases until co-founding his present firm with his son Jeff in 2018. Mr. Padilla is admitted to practice before all California state courts.
During his career, Mr. Padilla has obtained many significant jury verdicts and settlements for his clients. One notable example was a jury award in excess of $63 million in a medical malpractice case where a doctor's failure to order a CT scan resulted in brain damage. Another was a $3.7 million damage verdict for a worker injured in an explosion, where the highest pre-trial settlement offer had been $250,000. His successful track record and high degree of ethics have earned him the respect of his fellow professionals, as evidenced by his receipt of an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. He is also a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates aka ABOTA, an invitation only organization of the finest lawyers and judges in America.
Mr. Padilla is actively involved in his community. He has served as a board member of the 22nd District Agricultural Association, which is the sponsor of the annual San Diego County Fair, and has been a member of the President's Council at California State University San Marcos.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Medical Devices, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Defects, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Pharmaceutical, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
First Admitted: 1975, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.padillalawgroup.com/attorney/padilla-michael-d-e...
- Many clients are members of safety associations and/or unions. Often clients are referred by attorneys who do not practice in the plaintiff's personal injury field.
- President’s Counsel, Cal State University – San Marcos, the 22nd Agricultural District which oversees the Del Mar Fair Grounds and the American Red Cross
- Steven J Sharp Public Service Award 1997 Association of Trial Lawyers of America for Olsen v Regents et al
- Outstanding Trial Attorney Award CASD 1996
- Outstanding Trial Attorney Award CASD 2010
- One of Southern California’s Top Civil Trial Attorneys
- Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award, 1996 and 2010
- San Diego State University
- California, 1975
- Jury verdict $1,700,000 for lumbar spine injury in fall on escalator, 2018
- $1,650,000 jury verdict for seaman injured in chemical exposure on board tuna seiner., 2019
- One of his more remarkable accomplishments was a jury verdict exceeding $63 million for a two year old who suffered brain injury and lifelong neurologic deficit as a consequence of his doctor’s failure to order a CT scan following facial trauma. The last pre-trial offer to settle was $200,000. Rec'd the Stephan Sharp Memorial Award for advocacy for this case., 1994
- Jury verdict of $4,700,000 for 36 y.o. injured when an out of control vehicle crashed into his work site alongside a street. Fractured hip/sacrum. Defendant contested responsibility for the automobile collision that led to the loss of control., 2009
- Brown v. MCI -
- Jury verdict of $2,098,000 for 59 y.o tractor mechanic. Injury was an L5 disc herniation leading to fusion. Products liability verdict against manufacturer of the Challenger Tractor. The hood design was defective as the gas springs failed resulting in its collapse upon to the back of the plaintiff.
- Damage verdict of $3.7 million found by a jury for a carpenter injured in a Propane Gas Explosion. The Highest Pre-Trial offer was $250,000
- Safety Associations; Law Enforcement
Office location for Michael D. Padilla
320 Encinitas Blvd
Encinitas, CA 92024
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2023