Jeffrey B. Ellis
Top rated insurance coverage attorney in Encino, CaliforniaLaw Office of Jeffrey B. Ellis
Jeffrey B. Ellis is an attorney and founder of the Law Offices of Jeffrey B. Ellis in Beverly Hills, California. Mr. Ellis has more than three decades of experience in the areas of insurance and bad faith insurance law, and serves a client base throughout the Los Angeles and southern California areas.
Throughout his career, Mr. Ellis has represented insurers and policyholders in civil litigation matters involving disability insurance, general liability and insurance coverage disputes. He also has a great deal of experience in business litigation and has handled cases involving appeals, bankruptcy, contract disputes, malpractice, real estate and more.
Mr. Ellis has authored numerous articles on insurance law related topics for publications such as the Los Angeles-based Daily Journal, Los Angeles Lawyer magazine and Insurance Journal. He has presented for numerous groups, including the Beverly Hills Bar Association, the Orange County Bar Association and the National Association of Insurance Women.
After graduating cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in economics from the Thomas Jefferson University, Mr. Ellis went on to earn his law degree from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles. Following law school, he spent several years as an associate at various California based firms, eventually working his way up to partner at a Los Angeles firm. He has been admitted to practice law in the state of California since 1978.
Mr. Ellis has earned distinction by the Los Angeles County Bar Association due to his knowledge of the insurance law industry. The group has recognized him as an expert in insurance bad faith and insurance coverage analysis for over two decades.
Practice areasInsurance coverage, Business litigation
Insurance, Bad faith insurance
- 70% Insurance coverage
- 30% Business litigation
First Admitted: 1978, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.jeffreybellis.com/jeffrey-ellis-lawyer-resume.htm...
- Speaker, Orange County Bar Association
- Speaker, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Speaker, National Association of Insurance Women
- Author, Practical Approaches to Punitive Damages, California Lawyer, December 1984
- Author, Revisiting the Cumis Rule, California Lawyer, May 1991
- Author, he Cumis Battle Continues, Insurance Journal, January 20, 1992
- Author, Deciphering Liability Insurance For Claims Against Businesses, Los Angeles Daily Journal, October 13, 1993
- Author, riple Play (Insurance for sexual harassment claims), Los Angeles Lawyer, November 1994
- Author, “Allot” of Claims (Allocation Between Covered and Non-Covered Defense Costs), Los Angeles Daily Journal, May 13, 1996
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, B.A. Economics, Cum Laude, 1975
- State Bar of California, 1978
Office location for Jeffrey B. Ellis
16133 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436
- Super Lawyers: 2007