Steven M. Mayer
Top rated Business & Corporate attorney in Encino, CaliforniaMayer Law Group, APC
Practice Areas: Business & Corporate, Bankruptcy, Real Estate; view more
Licensed in California since: 1994
Education: Tulane University Law School
Mayer Law Group, APC16133 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436 Visit website
Attorney Steven M. Mayer is the founder and owner of Mayer Law Group, A.P.C., in Encino, California. Nationally ranked as among the preeminent lawyers in the country, Mr. Mayer has more than 26 years of total legal experience, and he provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout the San Fernando Valley region and surrounding areas of Los Angeles who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Bankruptcy and insolvency
· Business transactions and contracts
· Business entity formation and planning
· Real estate transactions
· Creditor rights
· Landlord-tenant law
· General civil litigation and disputes
Regardless of the issues his clients are facing or how complex their situations, Mr. Mayer delivers highly personalized counsel to help them make the best-informed decisions as he aggressively pursues the favorable outcomes they seek as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. From his efforts, he has achieved remarkable success advocating on behalf of his clients in bankruptcy proceedings as well as in complex civil litigation, and he has assisted many others with protecting their interests regarding their commercial enterprises as well as their real estate transactions.
Honored for his impeccable professionalism and service, Mr. Mayer has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
Widely regarded as a leader in his field, Mr. Mayer stays abreast of the latest changes to the laws and regulations that impact his clients the most, and he has served in a number of leadership roles in his legal community. Among those, he is a fellow the with American Bar Association's Business Law Section, and he has served as chair and co-chair of the organization's Business Law Advisors and Young Business Lawyers committees.
Moreover, he has served as a board of governors member of the Beverly Hills Bar Association as well as chairman of its Bankruptcy Law Section's executive committee. He has also served on the board of directors of the Encino Lawyers Association and executive committee member of The State Bar of California's Solo and Small Firm Section.
A graduate of the University of California at Santa Barbara, Mr. Mayer began his legal career in 1994, after obtaining his Juris Doctor from Tulane University School of Law in New Orleans, Louisiana, and his license to practice from The State Bar of California. He is admitted to practice before all U.S. District Court in California as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBusiness/Corporate, Bankruptcy: Consumer, Real Estate: Business, Real Estate: Consumer, Bankruptcy: Business
Bankruptcy Law, Business Formation and Planning, Business Organizations, Contracts, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations
- 30% Business/Corporate
- 20% Bankruptcy: Consumer
- 20% Real Estate: Business
- 20% Real Estate: Consumer
- 10% Bankruptcy: Business
First Admitted: 1994, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.mayerlawla.com/meet-steven-1.html
- J.D., Tulane University School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara
- Beverly Hills Bar Association (1994-2022): Past-Member, Board of Governors; Member and past Chairman, Executive Committee, Bankruptcy Law Section, 1994
- California Lawyers Association (2018-2022), Advisor to Executive Committee, Solo & Small Firm Section, 2018
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section (1996-2020): Business Law Fellow; Past co-Chairman, Business Law Advisors Committee; Past Chairman, Young Business Lawyers Committee, 1996
- State Bar of California, Executive Committee Member, Solo and Small Firm Section (2014-2017), 2014
- Encino Lawyers Association, Member, Board of Directors (2012-2017), 2012
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale Hubbell, the highest possible rating for an individual lawyer in both legal ability and ethical standards., 2009
- Contributing Author, "Opening and Managing a Law Office," published by California Lawyers Association, Solo & Small Firm Section, 2020
- Published Decision, In re Barakat (Barakat v. Life Insurance Company of Virginia), 99 F.3d 1520 (9th Cir. 1996), 1996
- Bet Tzedek, Small Business Clinic, 2019
- This June 2022 program will teach and discuss various ways to set-up and run a more efficient law office using low or no-cost solutions., Presenter, Low Cost Office Tech Tips for the Modern Lawyer (June 2022), California Lawyers Association, Solo & Small Firm Summit, 2022
- Taught and discussed various ways to set-up and run a more efficient law office using low or no-cost solutions., Presenter, Low Cost to Free Technology for the Solo or Small Firm: Maximizing Your Practice on a Budget, California Lawyers Association, Solo & Small Firm Summit, 2019
- Overview of the Bankruptcy code, courts, and procedures for non-bankruptcy lawyer, Presenter, Bankruptcy Basics for the Non-Bankruptcy Lawyer, Encino Lawyers Association, Legal, 2013
- Litigation practice pointers for young lawyers., Presenter, General Practice 101: Litigation and Discovery, American Bar Association, General Practice/Solo Division, Legal, 2009
Office location for Steven M. Mayer
16133 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023