Terry R. Bailey
Top Rated Construction Litigation Attorney in Encino, CA
Terry R. Bailey is an attorney at Los Angeles-based Abir Cohen Treyzon Salo, LLP. Representing individual and business clients throughout the area, he focuses his practice on construction defects and other damage to commercial and residential property as well as bad faith insurance issues. A member in good standing of The State Bar of California since 1990, Mr. Bailey is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
Mr. Bailey counts among his clients individual homeowners, homeowner associations, and commercial real estate owners and developers, all of whom have incurred economic losses as a result of damage to their property. In addition to construction defects, some of the events that have caused the damage have included fire, floods, water leaks, wind, pipe bursts, landslides and inverse condemnation. The defendants that Mr. Bailey has brought actions against on behalf of his clients have included insurance companies, governmental agencies, developers, adjoining property owners and contractors.
During his career, Mr. Bailey has been able to obtain significant compensation for his clients through both jury awards and negotiated settlements. In one notable case, he served as co-counsel for more than 400 homeowners who had sued the builder for damages caused by defective copper pipes, and it resulted in a $7 million settlement. These and other successes have earned Mr. Bailey the respect of his fellow attorneys, as evidenced by his receipt of a "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
Mr. Bailey's background includes several years of working as a general contractor, and this experience has helped him when he is pursuing compensation for faulty construction and another property damage. He was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1990 by the University of California Davis School of Law.
About Terry R. Bailey
First Admitted: 1990
Professional Webpage: https://actslaw.com/terry-bailey/
- National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters, Channel Islands Chapter
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles (CAALA), Member
- National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters, Los Angeles Chapter
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA), Member
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), Member
- California State University, B.A., Major: History, Honors: Magna Cum Laude, 1987
Pro bono/Community Service
- Speaker at United Policyholders Roadmap to Recovery Townhall for Woolsey Fire victims., 2019
- $550,000 settlement of insurance bad action on behalf of a homeowner whose home was damaged by a falling tree., 2019
- $2,000,000 settlement on behalf of garment company for fire that destroyed their stock., 2020
- $1,100,000 partial settlement of construction defect action involving a custom single family home remodel., 2020
- Construction Litigation, Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2021
- , Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America, 2018
- Construction Litigation, Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2020
- Super Lawyers: Construction Litigation, 2019
- 🚨 SETTLEMENT ALERT Our client was injured at work due to the negligence of his employer. Our team went to work to f… https://t.co/CTHVWZNHND
- NEW SETTLEMENT ALERT: On the eve of a trial which would have focused on the insurance company's misleading and dece… https://t.co/YJdGSNTHg7
- Today, ACTS Law recognizes the Armenian Genocide and honors those who lost their lives during this horrible tragedy… https://t.co/elpzraAsTu
- Happy Earth Day from all of us at ACTS Law! #earthday #earth #green #acts #actslaw #lawfirm #attorneys #clean… https://t.co/Xdf0qUO6kv
- ACTS Law wishes everyone a blessed Good Friday https://t.co/bCnd6d9SWB
Last Updated: 5/15/2022