Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Foothill Ranch, CA
Rob Marcereau is a personal injury attorney in Foothill Ranch, California. Mr. Marcereau is the founder of Marcereau & Nazif and handles cases involving motor vehicle accidents, animal bites, brain injury, trucking accidents, wrongful death and other catastrophic injuries. He holds a license to practice law before all California state courts.
Mr. Marcereau is a highly regarded and recognized personal injury litigator with over 20 years of experience. Over the course of his career, he has won millions of dollars through verdicts or settlements for California residents who have sustained an injury or lost a family member due to the negligent actions of others.
In recognition of his achievements, the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum invited Mr. Marcereau to become a member of their exclusive organization. Additionally, OC Metro magazine included him on their list of “Top 40 Professionals Under 40,” and he has been featured in newspapers and magazines, and appeared on various national television programs.
Outside of his law practice, Mr. Marcereau gives back to his local community through volunteer work. He devotes his time to organizations including the Children’s Health Orange County and engages in fundraising for Court Appointed Special Advocates.
After graduating from the University of Michigan with a bachelor’s degree in English, Mr. Marcereau earned his law degree from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law. Earlier in his legal career, he practiced law as a partner at a major California-based law firm. He later chose to open his own law firm with the goal of pursuing justice and fair compensation for each client he serves.
About Rob Marcereau
First Admitted: 2000, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.mncalaw.com/our-team/robert-marcereau/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)
- Children’s Hospital of Orange County
- B.A. in English from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Published California Court of Appeal Decision: KSMA, Inc. v. Schneickert (2011) 194 Cal.App.4th 519
- $11.9 million settlement against Caltrans regarding defective road work - one of the largest settlements of its kind in Caltrans' history.
- $5.7 million judgment for intentional infliction of emotional distress. Rob Marcereau's client, Kelli Peters, was the victim of scheme in which the defendants, Jill and Kent Easter, two prominent attorneys in Orange County, planted drugs in her car and tried to frame her for crimes she didn't commit. After a week-long trial, Mr. Marcereau won a $5.7 million verdict from the jury. The case made international headlines and was featured on Good Morning America, 20/20, Inside Edition and Dr. Phil. The case was written up in publications such as People Magazine, the LA Times, the Washington Post, and many others. This case is now being taught to students at Harvard law school.
- $1.0 million settlement for woman injured when her motorcycle was involved in a head-on collision with a car in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. There were no eye-witnesses, and both sides alleged that the other vehicle was responsible for the accident. The driver who hit the motorcyclist only had a $50,000 insurance policy, but Mr. Marcereau was able to "open up" the policy after the insurance company foolishly refused to accept his policy limits settlement demand. After a lengthy battle, and only 2 days before trial was set to commence, the insurance company accepted Mr. Marcereau's $1.0 million settlement demand.
- $1.0 Million settlement for a motorcyclist injured when a metal scaffolding fell off the back of a truck on the 101 freeway in Los Angeles. The truck never stopped, making it a "hit and run" accident. There were no witnesses or traffic cam footage to identify the truck, and police never tracked down the driver. Incredibly, the CHP blamed the motorcyclist for the accident. Rob Marcereau and his partner, Sy Nazif, took the case and investigated the matter for over a year. The only evidence they had to go on were spray-painted initials on the scaffolding. Mr. Marcereau ultimately posted an ad in Craigslist offering a reward for information as to who dropped the scaffolding. Mr. Marcereau ultimately tracked down the culprit - a roofing company in North Hollywood. The roofing company's insurance company settled for the full amount of the insurance policy - $1M.
- $550,000 settlement for woman who was assaulted by Los Angeles Police Department officers after a routine traffic stop. The woman, Michelle Jordan, was pulled over for allegedly talking on her cell phone. The police hand-cuffed Ms. Jordan, and when Ms. Jordan voiced her complaints about her treatement, the police officers slammed her to the ground, causing cuts and bruises to her face. The entire incident was captured on security camera footage, and received widespread media attention. Mr. Marcereau filed a lawsuit and litigated the case for over a year, winning several court orders against the City of Los Angeles when it refused to produce information regarding the officers involved. Shortly before trial was set to commence, the City agreed to pay $550,000 to settle the case.
- $500,000 settlement for a man involved in a solo motorcycle crash after his front wheel allegedly deflated. Mr. Marcereau filed a lawsuit against the repair shop who had installed a new front wheel on the bike approximately one month earlier, claiming that a defect in the tire caused the blowout. The repair shop denied responsibility, claiming that they had done nothing wrong and the crash was due to rider error. Shortly before trial, the repair shop agreed to pay $500,000 to settle the case.
- $12.1 million judgment against Caltrans over defective bridge/highway design - one of the largest judgments of its kind against Caltrans in history.
- Mr. Marcereau received a lifetime membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a society reserved for the top trial lawyers in America who have obtained multi-million dollar verdicts., Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2011
- Superb Rating on Avvo
- Selected for inclusion in the Southern California Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ list
- Mr. Marcereau was featured on the cover of the Los Angeles Daily Journal, the largest legal publication in the State of California. The article, titled "Caltrans' Legal Strategy: Fight, Delay, Then Pay More," followed several multi-million dollar awards and settlements obtained by Rob Marcereau against Caltrans., Featured Cover Story, Daily Journal, 2009
- Rob Marcereau appeared on Good Morning America following his $5.7 million trial victory againsit Jill and Kent Easter, the notorious Orange County attorneys who planted drugs in a PTA volunteer's car and tried to frame her for crimes she did not commit., Good Morning America, 2016
- Mr. Marcereau was honored by OC Metro Magazine as one of their "Top 40 Professionals under 40," recognizing the top people accross all busines professions in Southern California., Top 40 Under 40, OC Metro Magazine, 2010
- Motorcycle Accident
Last Updated: 5/15/2022